air con

chris_20

Reaction score
well its friggin typical innit, the hot weather comes, u go to switch on some cool air and alls it does and spit out boiling hot air instead. think i need my air con re-gassed, does any1 know how much this costs on a 02 plate tdi?

and just to confirm that im doing it right, to turn the air-con on alls you do is put the temp to 'LO' is that right???

cheers folks

chris_20 said:
well its friggin typical innit, the hot weather comes, u go to switch on some cool air and alls it does and spit out boiling hot air instead. think i need my air con re-gassed, does any1 know how much this costs on a 02 plate tdi?

and just to confirm that im doing it right, to turn the air-con on alls you do is put the temp to 'LO' is that right???

cheers folks

And make sure your 'ECON' button isn't on (lit up)

ECON switches the air-con compressor off and therefore saves fuel (as the compressor is driven by the engine and consumes some of its power. The compressors mechanicals provide resistance and therefore the engine has to work a teeny bit harder to overcome this, using more fuel. Or something like that)

I very rarely have ECON switched OFF, much prefer the wind from an open window... although I'm not sure which is worse in terms of MPG, having the windows open or running the air-con?? Only really have the air-con on when I'm sitting in slow traffic on really hot days.