rear door fault

samuelt

Reaction score
hi all

Every time we unlock the car and start to put our daughter in to her car seat on the near side rear the car locks after 30seconds. i have worked out that the car does not know that this door is open, it does not appear on the dash as open or turn the interior lights on. All 3 other doors, bonnet a boot do indicate on the dash as to being open. The car does not lock after 30 seconds if any other door is open.

Does any one know how the car knows the door opens and how to fix this? I am guessing it is not like old cars with little switches that the door pushes in to say it is closed as i can not find one!!

any help apreciated as one day i am going to lock my keys in the car!!!

Thank you.

The car will automatically re-lock itself if the drivers door or boot are not opened within x-seconds of unlocking.

It's a convienience feature. It's been known to happen that the unlock button on the keyfob is accidentally pressed when puting your keys into your bag or pocket as you walk away from the car. The car waits x-seconds for you to open the drivers door(or boot), and locks itself if they are not opened.

thanks james i will read that post in full in a min. Arthur, i know about that feature but my car does not know the door is open the dash does not show the door open, the red light on the door does not come on and the interior lights do not go on. and i doubt that the car should lock if any door is open.