new car at last!

SteveS

S6 avant
Reaction score
well its only took me 3 months to make my mind up but ive put a deposit down on a moro blue 2004 S4 avant today! should be collecting it next wednesday. its got loads of options and a milltek cat back exhaust so the V8 sounds awesome! :hubbahubba:

Very nice make sure you get some pics and a sound clip as soon as :icon_thumright:

A friend of mine has a S4 and that V8 lump does sound fantastic, especially when they're giving it plenty of chaff. With a Miltek I can only assume it wil be even better.

The Milltek system I had on my Golf GTi T was great. Really quiet when driven normally but a potent, meaningful growl when full throttle.

So good luck and happy motoring from next Wednesday.

there you go! i'l post more pics when ive given it a proper pampering with some megquires!!

AETV35881491_4b-1.jpg

Steve,

That will definitely put a grin on your face.
Well done - looks fantastic.

Why don't you make that picture smaller and use it as your aviator?:moa:

it sounds fairly standard at tickover but its as raw as a tvr at full throttle, its never too loud or intrusive just throaty and deep.

yes, i went to see it 2 mths ago. ive been to see 3 others since and decided it was the best spec for the money, tried several main dealers only to find accident damage, scruffy interiors and high prices!

Welcome to the S4 family!! I have the RS4 wheels on mine. What spec/options have you got with yours?

Have thought about the zorst on mine for a while now, but having trouble making my mind up on whether to keep it at all, to get an older 996...!

However, you'll absolutely love the engine. Although it does growl nicely, and sound as sweet as you could possibly want, the most impressive thing for me is the torque. You can pull 6th from basically tickover (which translates to circa 20mph), all the way through to the speed limiter - that 135mph in one gear !

Amazing...

The Moro blue with chrome trim is just the business isn't it ?
(it's what mine is and I think it looks great !)

hi stoaksey, get the milltek it sounds amazing! - but only while accelerating hard. its quiet at constant throttle.

it has ipod link, glovebox changer, black leather recaros, auto dip mirror, mirror retraction, memory seats, satnav, privacy glass, coming home lights, auto lights, DIS, 6spd manual, cruise control, parking sensors & arm rest.
i wanted a 996 too, but lots of them have had new gearboxes or engines and my sisters bloke has had loads of trouble with his so i was put off. plus the s4 feels quicker!