Service Indicator Reset

baynesey

well you better unsell them, sharpish!
Reaction score
Hello,

Been meaning to have the garage reset my service indicator for a while now (was serviced by them but they never reset it) but I cant be ***** to go over to them (40 mile round trip) is there a way I can do it myself with a sequence of button presses, like the Golfs?

Cheers

Chris

Yes there is. Its very simple. It gets rid of the message when you start up though, wont keep record of when next service is due.
Unfortunately I cant find the info needed to reset the service message.
It has to do with turning key in ignition (one or two clicks, but not starting car) while pressing the trip/miles button??

Have a search throuogh forum and check tdiclub.com.

Sorry I am not much help... but I am sure someone else will be on with your info.

Good Luck

I can't read

:think:

Will look into over the weekend :icon_thumright:

:idea:
I knew I had the relevant info somewhere...
...and its not mentioned in my manual as far as I can see.

This is from a thread on another forum.
The link is at:
http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/615688.phtml

"28. How do I reset the oil service interval light w/out the use of a VAG-Tool?

With key in the off position, push and hold in both clock and odometer stalks, start car. That's it."

I dont know if there is a need to actually start the car... but it should resolve the issue for you.
And to correct myself on a previous post, they say on that forum it takes about 300 miles for the next service interval to register (something else I didnt know, until now...)

Cheers
Vin

It should be in your manual.
With the key in off position press and hold the spanner button,turn ign on let go of spanner button and press reset.
Voila.

james0808 said:
It should be in your manual.
With the key in off position press and hold the spanner button,turn ign on let go of spanner button and press reset.
Voila.

and Robert's ya Muvva's Bruvva

cheers

C

this puts you onto fixed servicing though, the variable gets binned.