Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Removing rear door card

Hi Guys, I'm after some advice/help.

Yesterday, my other half put the rear window down, whilst forgetting that it had a kid's window blind attached to it! As you can imagine it ripped the bottom sucker off and it slid down and is stuck onto the glass inside the door pocket!

My question is... How easy is it to remove the rear door card in a B6 S4? If it's pretty easy will I be able to get to the glass or is it beind another skin?

Also, anyone have any instructions how to do it? Failing that i'll have to drop it off at the dealers!

Any help much appreciated!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    its easy to take off just screws and clips start by pulling off the interior trim from the door just pull it at the end closest to the hinges this will show you the 3 or 4 srews then there is one screw under the arm rest part of the door its deep in the door so you need a lond enough screw driver.Hope this helps.

2.5 tdi v6 180 bhp quattro sport mystic blue.18 inch rs8 rims with black between the spokes, audi votex kit, twin chrome scorpion pipes, xennons,heated black buffalo leather sport seats,auto dimming mirrors,serious tailored remap ,ferodo ds 2500 pads front and back upgraded tarrox japan sport competition drilled and grooved discs up front , and ferodo 5.1 racing brake fluid, and about 5k of stereo

Neutral

Status
    Cheers Tommyt2, do you know if you can get to the glass after you take the door card off? I don't want to do it and find that the glass sits behind a seperate skin that you can't get to!?

Status
    It does sit behind a seperate skin, so pretty sure you can get to the mechanism, but not the glass. I guess there might be an access panel behind the foam cover.