PC's

pav-g

Reaction score
Hi Guys, re the title mine came this morning from Autopia (check out my thread in detailing forum) question is I know couple of you have invested in a PC and what are your views, have you used it yet, and what did you use etc

I have neither the time of the patience for these but a few of my mates have them and they swear by the poorboys range.

I suppose were all busy in our lifes but hey you have to make time or take time out to indulge in personal passions. I find washing, waxing, detailing etc so therapeutic and great for destressing. So far I havent gone over to the dark side (obsession) but there is always time

My mate that does detailing actually has a kit for cleaning car badges! Loads of tiny toothbrushes etc.

Hes awesome at it, but i have no idea what hes doing half the time.

U dont need us to tell yer pav, u know from from DW how good they are and what kinda results can be had from them......

I agree Chris, thought there are a few members on the B6 forum who have bought a PC i.e. NikNak, McGough - just wondered if theyve used their new toy yet...

Im soon to invest in one i think. its something which will pay for itself in the longrun as you could do your mates cars etc

Pav
Mine came last week but the weather has been that cr=p I haven't had the time to use it yet:motz:

poorboys won't really cut it via pc on audi paint, i have tried.

for me its got to be the menzerna range.
you had your a4 done by l200steve didn't you so i reckon you probably won't need anything more than a bottle of po85rd3.02ip and po85rdff to keep it swirl free and looking great.

Yep I agree its got to be the mezerna range, L200 Steve's agreed to show me the ropes so once ive got my transformer gonna practise under the watchful eye of Steve. Great bloke very friendly and helpful plus hes a mate now so looking forward to my lessons. Re the weather its picking up a little lets hope it stays good over the bank holiday weekend...

pav when you get round to detailing your car with the pc could you do some before and after shots.im thinking of buying one of these but when i wash polish and wax my silver a4 car by hand it looks great and find it hard to imagine it could look any better using the pc i know it would certianly be easier using the pc but will it be worth the money.any advice from people with pc would be much appreciated thanks

wayne have u tried claying the car in the mean time while your waiting for the pc?

I agree with Chris, try claying your car and also bear in mind silver cars are ace at disguising swirls, mines in pearlescent black and any mark can be seen miles off, silver cars also stay cleaner for longer - for some reason.

I had my car detailed back in feb and if you log onto the detailingworld forum under the 'show it off' section (go back a few pages) there is a full write up inc pictures of before and after shots, Chris youve probably read this as I always see your name pop up on that forum...

yea i clayed the car guys and was amazed how much crap i got rid of then went over the car twice with meguiars scratch x then megs deep crystal polish then a coat of carnubia wax it looks good when washed but will i get even better results with the pc

I spoke primary objective on using a pc is to remove swirls so if your car has them then the only way to get rid of them is by giving them a going over with a pc, I suppose you can mask swirls (AG SRP) but thats a temporary fix.

I think it all boils down to whats acceptable to you, im pretty critical about the finish of my car and any swirls or new scratches (especially on a black car) really hurt whereas others may think my car looks awesome and that im being pedantic

lol pav like u im pretty addicted to DW. with my car being a light blue/silver colour it hides the swirls pretty well so i dont need a pc really, could just get it done one off sorta thing and just keep up the correct wash technique.

Talk about correct washing techniques - have been doing so i.e. using two bucket method but today i noticed a few very slight swirls - something the pc should take care off nicely - thats what happens when you have a black car-, everything shows up like a beacon. My next car is definately gonna be silver. Saying that my last two cars were silver and I never had this problem...

yer i mean swirls will never be 100% avoided unfortunately. pav u say your going silver next....if i was you id stick with black. as u know theres nothing better than seeing a soaking wet black car rolling up, specially one as nice as yours, even if u do need to put that extra bit of effort in each washday. as they say, once u go black u never go back lol

Totally agree Chris, gave car a wash, dried with QD and then went over with a coat of CG's Blitz, gave alloys couple of coats of CG's wheel guard and dressed tyres in AG tyre dressing and the car looks hot - wet look or what....

Weather was gorgeous this morning but looks like its gonna rain now anyway managed to take a pic straight after the treatment...

IMG_2339.jpg

Yeah but look at the weather today Chris, its like ****** winter...

tell me about it dude, im not too far away from u in l,pool but to be honest its been poo all day over here :( not good for us detailers eh mate

Thought I d join in .I bought a PC and transformer way back in January,and so far I ve not had the chance to use it,I rewired the cable as per the instructions on Detailing World ( ie not cutting off the plug).Bought a 2nd hand transformer for £15 from a guy on DW,got all the pads and loads of polish ,sealant clay etc,but .........either the weathers been crap,or my nerve failed me ......by this I mean the thought of making it worse drives me nuts.
I also reckon I need the Manzerna polish,but I cant decide which one(s)
Ive got a solid black A4 avant.

I might have been tempted this weekend but as I write its like winter here

id be the same as u john, a little apprehensive to use the PC....But what id do is get down the scrappy and pick yourself up a swirled bonnet or something similar to practise on?

johnlondonw3 said:
Thought I d join in .I bought a PC and transformer way back in January,and so far I ve not had the chance to use it,I rewired the cable as per the instructions on Detailing World ( ie not cutting off the plug).Bought a 2nd hand transformer for £15 from a guy on DW,got all the pads and loads of polish ,sealant clay etc,but .........either the weathers been crap,or my nerve failed me ......by this I mean the thought of making it worse drives me nuts.
I also reckon I need the Manzerna polish,but I cant decide which one(s)
Ive got a solid black A4 avant.

I might have been tempted this weekend but as I write its like winter here

you want menz 3.02IP and PO85RD. With a 5" menz orange pad on hard audi paint you can't really go wrong with a PC.

Clean and Shiny have some in stock - should get their website from the detailing world forum. Yeah I agree with your comments firstly apprehension and secondly lousy weather. Wev paid for the darn pc so im gonna make sure I get my moneys worth out of it...

I'm tempted but might hold off for the UDM which is being discussed on the DW forum instead. I don't think I'd use a PC enough for it to be a 'sensible' purchase for me - I hardly get enough time as it is to wash the car! :notme:

You can also use it as it was intended,for sanding wood ,Im gona use it on the stairs soon !

every thing on sale at halford is ***** on vag paint, i use po85rd3.02ip with my Pc and great results is what i get!!!