Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: Door blades

1.8T quattro sline

Status

Door blades

Just come back from shopping today and then as the mrs drives off to go to her mams I noticed some fecker has pinched the passenger side front and back door blades of me avant, is it possible for them to just drop off, if it was just the one i would believe it but two of them nope.
    So how much are these to replace, do I have tu buy a set of four or I can just buy what I need? And then theres the cost of getting them painted too Feckers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    huuu so they nicked the door blades at the bottom of the doors?? how did they manage that???, they slide on and are held on by screws on the inside of the doors???

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by terrysingh
    huuu so they nicked the door blades at the bottom of the doors?? how did they manage that???, they slide on and are held on by screws on the inside of the doors???

I dont know how they managed it, I havent had a really good look yet, the mrs stayed at her mams last night and not back yet. So all I know is I need to get some new ones and fit them back on.
    So the blades are screwed on they shouldnt drop off right not both anyway?

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    Just checked some prices Audi want 138 for front and back, And vagparts want 192 for a set of four and they need to be painted aswell.
    A bit pi55ed off having the inconvenience of buying parts and then getting them fitted and painted.

1st Gear

Status
    check the guide pins along the bottom of the door before doing any ordering, there quite stong, but if there broken, it might cost a bit to put them right, hopefully the flares broke as they where being nicked and theres no damage, serves them right really... b@st@rds... dont forget to order the screws too?

1st Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status

4th Gear

Status
    Don't think they can be taken off from the outside, I took mine off last night. There are two screws that you remove with the door open and then pull the blade back about 2 inches and it falls off. Unless the screws just fell out and the blades worked their way loose...

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    1st lot have gone, what a bummer, Ive been looking for a cheap set of these for bloody ages.
    Them 2nd lot terry are standard aint they???Not the Sline ones??

Basically they were ripped off, your going to see some sort of damage, even if its the Pin sliders on the door, The screws are dead small and a good yank would detatch them!!! *******s...

1st Gear

Status
    yeah had a look at mine yesterday too, got a bit worried that they could be removed from the out side, took the screws out and shut the door, they still dont come off, they dont slide back enough with the door shut, you prob have to really force them to remove them!!! now why would some twat want to remove them, damage them, and do what? with them??? twats these people can really be pathetic some times!!!!

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    Yep just got new blades from audi all 138 worth , Parts guy comes out to check what i needed and says what they done was ripped the blades of and what was left is the back of the blade where the bit is screwed in to the door, With what they took off is practically useless unless they get it bonded on to another door, still pi55ed off about it though. Castrate the feckers if I caught them.

4th Gear

Status
    hope it wasnt at home mate, hope it was when she was at asda, cause if mine get nicked ill go mad!!!
    2010 A4 Avant B8 S-Line Executive 143ps 2.0 Tdi Ice Silver

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130

2nd Gear

Status
    I have a set (x4) for sale if anyone is interested? I bought them for my car but never got round to fitting them before I sold it!

They are finished in Phantom black. A few little marks but I'm sure these will polish out or even be covered by your new paint!

J.

See: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/158197.htm