Advice on B6 A4 2.0FSI ?

Naresh

Reaction score
Hi can anyone advise me on what to look out for when purchasing this model? I've seen a mint example of one today and thinking about making an offer but need to make sure I look out for anything that may be a problem based on the experience of you owners. The car is Silver with black cloth interior and I would like to make some minor interior mods like adding an armrest and also changing the wheels to something like RS6 reps, plus the Votex front bumper.

Also can parking sensors be easily retro-fitted to this car? (for the wife not me!) :)

I take it you are not bothered about speed then???

Why - is the 2.0FSI a really slow car then? My wife currently drives a 1.3 Yaris so anything above a 1.6 will be better, although I drive a re-mapped 225 TT so it probably feel dull in comparison! :)

terrysingh said:
aint the 1.9tdi 0-60 9.6sec???
Yes,until it gets remapped with another 45 bhp and then its a bit quicker.:icon_thumright:

0-60 doesn't tell the whole story. It's the in-gear times (30-50, 40-60 etc) that are nearer to real world driving and the 2.0FSI needs ragging to get decent performance. As a result you won't get mpg near what Audi quote. It also requires 98ron fuel to get the best performance.

If petrol is a must you'd probably be better looking for a 1.8T 163 or 190. Otherwise I'd get a 1.9 PD130

ture...depends on how you drive really, i've noticed the 2.0 and 3.0 cars are good on the motorway, and i can get 30+mpg on stright runs, but the tdi is prob the best for both worlds???

was going to get mine remaped for a bit more bhp, but been told not to due to the mileage on the car 97k:w00t: , prob upgrade next year to a 2.5 tdi.

terrysingh said:
was going to get mine remaped for a bit more bhp, but been told not to due to the mileage on the car 97k:w00t: , prob upgrade next year to a 2.5 tdi.
97K is hardly starship milage, I had my Passat done a 217k, nows is over 251k with no adverse affects.
97k is just run in.

terrysingh said:
aint the 1.9tdi 0-60 9.6sec??? mines a 2.0 20v not a fsi, the fsi is just better on fuel and has the same 0-60, unless your gonna go on track days theres no point getting a super fast car,

Not Super fast but atleast get a fast car!!!!