Quick question before my bumpers & skirts get colour coded

technics100

Reaction score
Do i get these strips sprayed? there quite flexible and I wonder will they scratch dead easy once sprayed.. Its the 20mm wide strip that hides all the screws that hold the cill on.. I assume they do get painted, but just wanted to check

audicilljt8.jpg

Car all set for the morning, cills, door strips etc are off..

Just tell them you want them painted aswell and you assumed they were getting painted as they might try and charge you extra.
Defo get them sprayed though, they will look daft if not, Trust me, I was going to leave mine too.

They are flimsy and yes they might blister or get a little chipped but being red and under your closed doors, you wont notice, It just takes the eyesore away when you open your doors.

:icon_thumright:

Yep I agree, get them painted also, just make sure theyre well clean and dont mention it to the garage as theyre inclusive of the job - good luck

i was told not to get these sprayed as they are there to stop the bottom of the door rubbing the paint off the sill and to cover the sill extention screws, if you get them painted the paint wouldnt last long and eventually wear through!

mine broke when i was removing them, they seem to be made of a hard abs plastic, cost about £20 for two new ones,

Thats why I asked the question, if they get sprayed I thought they would scratch and chip easily. I left them in the car along with the skirts etc, if they get sprayed and then chip I can just get a black set for £20. Left the car this morning, hopefully be finished tomorrow evening, can't wait... will change the car big style

I can 100% guarantee these are not painted on any Audi from factory, they are all like this and by painting them your just gonna cause yourself a whole world of problems as there just going to get scuffed and scratched, plus IMHO its gonna look daft as there not supposed to be colour coded.:gun2:

...Well mine are ok,even if they did wear abit they still look 100 times better, they wouldnt be very noticable and if they were then Id be thinking of getting my Doors realigned!!!!!
terrysingh said:
i was told not to get these sprayed as they are there to stop the bottom of the door rubbing the paint off the sill and to cover the sill extention screws, if you get them painted the paint wouldnt last long and eventually wear through!

mine broke when i was removing them, they seem to be made of a hard abs plastic, cost about £20 for two new ones,

Who says they are not supposed to be colour coded??? They wouldnt be colour coded from factory because Audi are Lazy. Trust me Technics, they will look **** left black, Thats my opinion anyway.
Getting scuffed and scratched aint gonna cause you whole world of problems mate,the doc needs to take some more of his medicine,lol....Like I say they dont scuff easy if they are painted properly, Once they are put back on the sill, they wont move or bend to cause blistering and if they do 1, you havnt put them back on properly and 2, get your doors realigned!!!

Mine are Mint,Ill post some pics up of mine tomorrow, Its ******* it down at the min so I aint getting wet!:cold:

46TheDoctor said:
I can 100% guarantee these are not painted on any Audi from factory, they are all like this and by painting them your just gonna cause yourself a whole world of problems as there just going to get scuffed and scratched, plus IMHO its gonna look daft as there not supposed to be colour coded.:gun2:

i agreed with the painter not have mine painted as they well get damaged when you get in and out of the car and by the bottom of the door, BUT my car is black and you realy do not notice that they are not painted.

Exactly yours is black!!!!

Red with the thick black trim will look naff.

Some lazy painters about :ermm: