Windscreen demist not working

eds

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just been out and turned on the windsceen demist and it is not working.
The blower is working fine and the air is comming out of all the other vents fine when i select them except the demist button and the up arrow button.
Anyone got any ideas why this is?
Thanks,
Eds.

I have this exact problem too :mad:

What is it please :think:

hi all
i have the same problem on my b6 avant

what i have found some times it will work sometimes it will not ,
there is a motor to control the flap to the windscreen and this is faulty on my . but it does look at bit of a nightmare to get to though .

hope this helps
scott

Yes the demister on my dad's A4 is intermittent also. Only happened once. Any ideas to get it going are welcomed!!

Has anyone come up with a way to fix this?

I have the same problem with my A4 avant B6 - the central vent under the windscreen doesnt work but all the others do. If windscreen is steamed up when i start the car, i have to wait for ages for it to clear, by whacking all the other vents on max, and redirecting the air from them onto the windscreen by curving a magazine or a piece of card.

I look like a proper melon doing it! :wacko: And not a welcome experience when in a rush!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
cheers

Chris

try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins to reset the convenience & AC units, and see if it clears, if not the flap servo motor may be at fault and a total nightmare to get at i'm afraid.....;( or the AC unit has developed a problem, VAG COM can pin it down by diagnostic checks.

Hi all

I fixed this issue on my 2002 b6.

Remove the glovebox and behind there you will see coloured arms that connect the motor to the vents. Just spray WD40 on the arms where they meet any pivot. Leave for 2 mins. Turn on the heater and from the heater control panel divert the air to the windscreen. Watch the arms move as press the botton.

There you go...this fixed the issu on my car :)

Good luck.

Jay

Since I removed my glovebox last week the demist vent has stopped working too :shrug:

I will try this soon and hopefully Audi32's one and only post will be the fix!!

Has anyone else tried it?

if the motors dead then i read on here some where they are about £70 pounds
if it is that and you dont have the cash right now just take the arm off the motor
when its off you can move it and it opens the flap so just leave it open and arm off
till you can get one and that way you can see where your driving hahah