Removing chrome around windows?

russgt

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success in removing the chrome trim around the windows? IMO it looks better black, what do you all think?

I've always found this funny, because people who have chrome trim want to get rid of it and people who don't, want it!

I have chrome, and I definately want it !

I've got it.... but don't really want it! :lmfao:

Any ideas how much it'll cost to have it all black?

I don't and I want (£1500 quid from audi to have chrome fitted,parts £450 and just over a grand for labour) don't know how much the other way round. If only we could swap somehow! But I think its just to much bother to do and cost.

chris_20 said:
id love it, gives it a touch of class i think
Umm a touch of class like putting this grill on an Allegro and calling it a Vanden Plas:
vdp1500_02.jpg

Audi's just don't need the sort of cheap tat other manufacturers have to resort to.

Thats the thing Andymac, a lot of cars these days don't have it. If you go back 20 years then yes most cars did have it, but I think a lot of the modern cars it's just plain black. On top of that I like the way it goes with the roof rails on my car

:iagree: I also think it breaks the colour up, I have a black A4 and if it had black surrounds I think that would be way to much imo.

I have black and want chrome, as my car is Ming blue and I think chrome suits it, I have the chrome roof bars aswell.

I got black on my A4 and my car is black ive seen silver on black audis it looks o.k but I prefer the black, but if you got a BLUE or a RED AUDI
i think the chrome suits it a lot better

bay the way heres my new audi r8 smiley
SmileyR8-kiss.gif

Got black on my 190 and no thank you to chrome.... personally I think conversion is way too expensive,

Depends on the colour of the car. Looks good on our Dolphin Grey car and also on a lot of dark colours. Not so good on a silver motor.

AndyMac said:
Umm a touch of class like putting this grill on an Allegro and calling it a Vanden Plas

My Dad had 3 of those. MUCH nicer inside than a standard Allegro. I remember a review in one of the car magazines around 1990. The put an Allegro VP up against an Orion 1600E and a Belmont CD. The Allegro came 2nd to the Orion!

"I have a black A4 and if it had black surrounds I think that would be way to much imo"
Way too much black? sorry just doesn't compute