Car polish

samuelt

Reaction score
J001

I have been looking at polishing products as my car is now 5 years old and the black really need to be broughtback to life, i think the last owner used a car wash nearly every week! i have just read J001's entry on the car pics :-

Recently I gave it it's 5-year makeover:
1.Clayed
2.Polished with Porter Cable 7424 Orbital sander and Sonus SFX Pads, using Menzerna Power Gloss, Intensive Polish and Final Finish 106FF.
3. Body cleansed twice with JEFFS Prime Acryllic
4. Two layers of JEFFS Acryllic Trigger
5. Two layers of Zymol Carbon wax
6. Misted with Zymol Field Glaze

2 AND A HALF DAYS WORK IN TOTAL.
THE MOST EFFECTIVE £220 I HAVE SPENT ON ANYTHING.
I WOULD THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO MY FELLOW AUDI OWNERS.

this car looks great and i am sure it lookes even beter in real life BUT I really dont have £220 to spend just now as i have just bought wheels/ painted the bottom the car and Tax/mot needs done. can anyone sudgest products that i can use by hand to strip the crap of the paint and another to give it a really good polish, removing the swirl marks???

thanks

to remove swirls by hand on audi paint is gonna be very hard and time consuming. i would suggest you get down to halfords at the moment because they are still doing a 3 for 2 on all car cleaning products.

start off by claying the car after the wash with Meguairs Smooth Surface Clay Kit to remove bonded on contaminents like road tar.

after claying use AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, it has 'fillers' in it that will hide/cover up the swirl marks. a couple of coats of this will have it looking spot on.

to finish off use AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection which will seal the finish and help protect the paintwork.

^^^
You can't really fault this advice.

good advice but it wont remove much swirls in all honestly, u really need to get yourself a machine polisher mate

thats right, machine polisher it is, I did mine on Sat afternoon, ****** hard work but well worth it.

chris_20 said:
good advice but it wont remove much swirls in all honestly, u really need to get yourself a machine polisher mate
AG SRP is not meant to remove swirls, it has silicone which fills them :icon_thumright:

if you can't afford to spend hundreds on getting set up with a pc and buying pro polishes like the menzerna range to remove the swirls then filling/hiding them is the next best step.

you could try Meguiars ScratchX to remove the swirls by hand but trust me, it will be hard going and very dis-heartening

1210tech said:
AG SRP is not meant to remove swirls, it has silicone which fills them :icon_thumright:

this is true but again, its not gonna do much unless u use a machine polisher. i tried srp on my old black fiesta which was covered in swirls by hands, done 3 coats and to honest couldnt really tell the difference. invested in a PC a couple weeks later and boy what a difference:faint: