just fitted my side skirts and gave it a good clean

Looking Good, What Rear Bumper you going for??Votex still??

S4 Grill mate, It makes sense.

not sure bud, i think i could get away with not getting a rear bumper which is great as its just more expense and time in the garage etc.
the major things on my list are xenons and light tints, then who knows after that. whats the difference between the normal grill and the S4 grill?

S4 grill has a Beefier look IMO, It has more detail to it and sticks out a little more, Just gives a finishing touch and for £44 delivered from Vagparts, you cant go wrong.

sounds good, do you know whether an sline badge would fit onto the S4 grill?
cheers boys

Yes Im sure you can get a size Sline badge to fit in there, My quattro one wouldnt fit, though I wasnt going to fit it but just tried it for size. You can get smaller Sline badges to fit which Im trying to find right now on ebay!!

Hey Chris skirts look good, ive been considering them skirts sincew day one but not sure how theyd look with the s-line blades... by the way where did you get them from and were they easy/hard to fit

pav-g said:
Hey Chris skirts look good, ive been considering them skirts sincew day one but not sure how theyd look with the s-line blades... by the way where did you get them from and were they easy/hard to fit

oh by the way i forgot to say Thanks to Pav for lending me his trainer for the photoshoot, rock on dude:rockwoot:
only messing matey :icon_thumright:, i got them from audi-accessories, and i couldnt give more praise to the guy who runs it by the name of Neil, excellent customer service, and excellent delivery time. cheers neil.
with regards to fitting, i would suggest taking them to a bodyshop if your not handy with the old DIY, its just a case of 2 screws either side and glue along the lenght of the skirt. I think they would look great with the s-line blades but obviously ud need to get a front and rear bumper to even out the depth of the skirt if that makes sence.

Looking good Chris, I am seriously considering this kit, not sure how the skirts will look on the S4 with the strips that are already there, presumably it's the same kit for an avant?

Any opinions on whether I should mess with the S4 guys, I know it sounds a bit pu$$y but I am really in 2 minds whether to leave it stock and go safe when resale time comes round or hit it up with the vortex kit and 19's plus maybe an exhaust upgrade, is the vortex an Audi approved accessory?

Any and all opinions welcome, even if you are going to slate me, I can take it.

:no:Putting a Votex kit on an Original S4 will devalue it IMO not hit it up, Ill be looking for an S4 and Ill be going for the S4 Look, I think putting any kind of kit on the S4 will spoil it completely. S4 to me is Unique, bit like the Daddy RS6, now would you put a votex on that :no:

As for the Exhaust, wheels etc then yeah defo go for that.
Upgrading the Exhaust on any motor these days is the norm, wheels too - even though I wouldnt change the S4 wheels as I like them but still some good choice in 19s that would suit it too. ie the bbs Lms an an S4 would do me.:hubbahubba: Have you any pics of the S4?????

yer i wouldnt kit up a s4 bud. keep it stock apart from wheels. if u have to change the exhaust then something very subtle and not loud!
i wouldnt have thought the votex kit would de-value it in any way as it is a approved audi part, thats why i went for it rather than aftermarket

lol, I know where this is going...but a Votex kit or Any kit on an S4??? We all love bodykits etc and yes we all have them, well most of us have some sort of add on but with the likes of the S4's, Rs4's etc they should be left for what they are IMO and though the kit is audi approved, If I was to go and look at an S4 which I was spending 20 odd grand on one and it had A bodykit other than its original state then id walk away. It doesnt matter if the Bodykit is AUDI approved or not, aslong as it aint no Robotic **** that sticks out a mile.BUT folks as we always say, each to their own!!
Im happy with my kit, I love it, whether Audi approve it or not but If I had an S4, I wouldnt of put ANY kit on it.

Cheers Lads, I knew that's what you'd say, I guess I just wish the S4 had a more agressive look, what about painting the side strips the same colour as the bodywork, and putting on a roof spoiler, Ithink the B7 S4 has one and I think it would finish the look, also maybe add some V8 badges?

The wheels are a tough one, don't know about 19's, I put them on my old M3 and it looked a peach (CSL's). I say an A6 today with OEM RS4's 18 inch I think and it looked good but everybody is going to be going down that road, I had an S-Line A4 before with the RS6 style and the looked superb, I think they need to be an Audi style wheel in my opinion, so I'm still looking, maybe these Nouvolari? difficult to tell without seeing them in the flesh.

If I was to Dress a S4 up id do the following...
- Id go for a nice tint,
- Yes to the roof spoiler, nice subtle one.
- Id most certainly colourcode the Door blades though they still look good original
- She'd get dropped a little, maybe 25mm
- Miltek Exhaust/ Filter
- Remap

As I said before the wheels are lovely on the S4, It wouldnt bother me changing them but I must admit, Im a 19" lover so if I did upgrade then Id go for a BBS Lm in 19's....after some good healthy Overtime, perhaps a few night shifts aswell :)

I know what you mean by the S4 needing a more Agressive look but just dropping her a little and maybe adding a spacer to the wheels just to give it that "fatter" look then yeah I think that would rough it up a little.

As mentioned that its possible ill be having an S4 next summer so thats what Id do to it, in no particular order. :icon_thumright:

oh and id be getting the saloon so that could make a difference :think:

...oh and I love the CSL alloys too, Them and the Schnitzer 4's.mmmm

J7USS said:
As mentioned that its possible ill be having an S4 next summer so thats what Id do to it, in no particular order. :icon_thumright:

oh and id be getting the saloon so that could make a difference :think:

Sh1t, I was going to do every thing you suggested and flog it to you next year, if you've got kids you need an avant!

lol, Yeah I have kids but I think a saloon will be enough!!;)

MiguelMcTyson said:
I guess I just wish the S4 had a more agressive look
Too right,it looks boring from the outside,apart from the wheels.

james0808 said:
Too right,it looks boring from the outside,apart from the wheels.

The mirrors are a touch too, however from the inside with the foot down it's a proper hoot, particularly when those that don't know think it's just an estate car and try and take the pi$$.:rockwoot:

MiguelMcTyson said:
The mirrors are a touch too, however from the inside with the foot down it's a proper hoot, particularly when those that don't know think it's just an estate car and try and take the pi$$.:rockwoot:
Thr mirrors are nice but it still looks boring.
Those that dont know speaks volumes as to how boring.I dont know much about bmw's but i can spot an M3 from an ordinary 3 series.
I think with the performance of an S4 it could of and should of looked alot better.

yeah I agree, Ive always said that when audi bring out these models, they dont do much to make them more distinctive & Individual do they. Take the New S3, Very nice but to me, They still look like an A3 with beefy alloys on.

But if you look at the older S3 to an A3,looks loads better.
Why couldnt Audi do that with the S4???

yes thats true, If you see the S3 on the road then you can tell by its wider appeal what it is but the new one, its the Badge that did it for me!!:)

dude i seriously wouldnt touch the S4 at all, maybe a drop at the very most!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT GET ANY V8 BADGES ETC

golf said:
Stan why have you bumped several old threads?
saves asking same questions hey!!! Maybe he didnt see them before...

J7USS said:
saves asking same questions hey!!! Maybe he didnt see them before...

Pretty much yeah. Im new on here and looking through threads, and using the search function, rather than posting the same old questions. I know how annoying it can be when people dont search.

besides, the threads are featuring really nice cars, imo, which deserve recognition :icon_thumright:

Stan 24v said:
Pretty much yeah. Im new on here and looking through threads, and using the search function, rather than posting the same old questions. I know how annoying it can be when people dont search.

besides, the threads are featuring really nice cars, imo, which deserve recognition :icon_thumright:

Good man, Like you say, People moan at you if you ask the question, they just tell you to search the threads...so you kicked out the middle man stan!!ha...

Anyway....where was i.............:think: