ABtech Quatto cam belt service

VennyQuattro

Reaction score
Due to some promising feedback on these forums about ABtech Southampton, got them to do my circa 74K service and cam belt change.
This is on my 2.5TDi Quattro Sport.

Cost in total £975.

Did the cam belt, pulleys, water pump (their recommendation) and I got them to change the Thermostat due to some recent fluctations on the temp guage (commonly reported fault with A4s!).
All using Audi parts.

They impressed me with their knowledge and I can not fault the job, not a screw out of place etc. under close inspection.

They claim that the cam belt is due at 74K on the V6 tdi, owners take note.

I would never use ABtech again. They didn't disconnect the battery when they replaced my thermostat and then shorted across the live terminal on the alternator. The worst bit is they denied damaging it and charged me for the repair. Monks are much better in the soton area. A friend has also had a bad experience with them.

If you used the search function on a few vag forums you could have saved yourself a good 400-500 quid by having the same job done by me ! You would have benefited of 2 auxiliary belts as well ! Well, you learn a new thing anyday ! Check my feedback !

Also had a nightmare with Abtech a few years ago when they messed up an S3 which ended up being off the road for 3 mos and costing £2k for Soton Audi to fix.Also been to Adamss24 for a 2.5 tdi belts job and would recommend Chris 100%