Tiptronic gearbox and the Engine Management light.....

bikefright

Reaction score
Anyone else had (or know if) the Tiptronic gearbox can throw the orrible engine management light on the DIS?

I tend to flip between paddle and sport mode - I use sport mode when I need both hands on the wheel and a quick getaway and paddle mode when I'm cruising down the motorway.

Drove down the entry slip onto the M4 yesterday at J15, London bound and having been in sport mode, I was accelerating uphill and moved the tiptronic gearbox from sport, through drive, into paddle......horrible judder and the yellow EM light came on on the DIS.......

Still there this am and the keys have been in/out maybe three times since the light came on.....any ideas?

FYI, just had a full service and other than this, she's running sweet as.

Rowland.

have you got vag com or do you know anyone whom has it
first thing to do is see what error codes have come up
then save the codes on the computer and see if it just wants the error codes removing

it could just be throwing a tantrum or it could be the first signs of serious trouble

Thanks dualmono21 - am looking into the cable/shareware vagcom thing as I type this ;-)

Just ordered the cable and I have the freeware vag-com software primed and ready to go on my lappy for when the cable arrives........let's hope the light doesn't extinguish before the cable turns up ;-)

even if the light goes out for any reason there should still be a record of what went wrong in vag com

i would advise you do a little re-search before using vag com or get someone whom has some experiance using the program

good luck mate
let us know how you go on

Well, with a usb aftermarket cable and VAG-COM I've established the gearbox is NOT the problem.

I cleared some faults which I know are old (because I replaced the ignition coils - all six of them)

However, there was a warm up catalyst error.

I saved it and cleared it.

If I look in engine readiness, I have some O2 sensor issues - I've posted on the VAG-COM forum for help/advice.