will 20's fit??

Mcgough

Reaction score
I have a set of 20's which i may fit soon, but ive been asked to swap for these....

BOLT PATTERN: 5 X 112MM.

FRONT WHEEL: 20 X 9.5" W/ 255/30/ZR20.

REAR WHEEL: 20 X 10.5" W/ 305/25/ZR20.

I know they wont fit straight off, but how difficult to get them to fit???

I know of a Rep who had a set of 20" RS8's on his 130tdi, He even lowered it 25mm. Not quite sure what he did regarding arch's etc.

Lets see a pic of these big *** Mo-fo's Kris....

i've got yards of space on mine, 20's with the correct tyres should be ok, just be carefull, having a wider off set on the rear can damage your rear diff.... if you have one mines fwd, works fine, allot of guys in the US have distroyed there diff messing up the track of the car!

A guy on audiforums.com has 20's on his b6. No arch mods but his isn't lowered.

i-100_0240.jpg

Just goes to show you how bad it can look without lowering with big wheels.

Really not feeling 20"s. 19" at a maximu Id say, and those wheels are pure MAX POWER!

Maybe.
The width of the wheels are much bigger than standard, and with those tyre sizes, makes the wheels too big.
With an increase in rim size, there is a decrease in profile size, so for example a 17" wheel with 40 profile is about the same size as a 16" wheel with 50 profile. What i'm getting at is that possibly a very low profile tyre on a 20" wheel might be the same overall diameter as a 17" whell with a 45 profile tyre. EG. a 235/45/17 wheel has a total diameter of 25.33". A 225/30/20 has a total diameter of 25.31" which is negligably different to standard. http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html.
If you can get a 225 tyre onto those wheels, then with the correct offset you may be in luck.

james0808 said:
Just goes to show you how bad it can look without lowering with big wheels.

C'mon James, practise what you preach, the question in this thread is whether 20" wheels will fit his B6, or how easy it will be to make them fit. It's not a thread about what 20" wheels look like. Just like the tatoo thread where people expressed their opinions on what tatoos look like.:tapedshut:

I popped in wheelmania today to pick up some bits and I asked them about the 20" and they said yeah they have fitted a some in Brum without any hassle at all. No arch modification or owt. They fitted 2 sports like mine, few Tdi's too.

He said make sure you have a proper offset though because one chap wanted to put some Deep dish 20's on and they would have F&*ked his ride up.

arthurfuxake said:
C'mon James, practise what you preach, the question in this thread is whether 20" wheels will fit his B6, or how easy it will be to make them fit. It's not a thread about what 20" wheels look like. Just like the tatoo thread where people expressed their opinions on what tatoos look like.:tapedshut:

Fair point.
I wasnt saying the wheels looked bad,i like the sound of 20" wheels on an A4.

Running a 25 profile could mean an expensive flat tyre.

"Hello Mr Kwikfit man, id like a new 225/25 for my lovely 20" alloys."

"Not a problem sir, just bend over and we'll sort payment out"

Plus I imagine road noise and general feel would be all over the shop.

So in summary, yes they probably will fit no problem, but I wouldnt.

*Goes to order 20s" LOL!

forgot to add that the lad said the profiles they fitted were 30's and 35's.

Personally I would have 20's. Would love my Rs4's in 20's BUT I dont wanna payfor the tyres!!
As mentioned last week, I seen an S line avant with 20's on and its amazing how different they look compared to 19's...Weird I know but you would have to see them side by side to get what im saying.

....Just waiting for the thread on "will 22" fit" now...:ermm:

Kris - Lets see them then....They better not be Spinners!!!lol:faint:

james0808 said:
How wide are these tyres???

They have fitted 225/30's and 245/35's

He did comment the tyre machine they have cost nearly £9000 and it slipped the 35's on with ease, the 30's were so tight he said. The problem they are having at the moment is the young uns are coming in with ***** reps asking for these tight asstyres to be fitted to crappy reps and its nearly taking the edge paint off because they are sooooo tight.

J7USS - Was actually wondering about the 22's from the pick-up recently bought, with 295/30 r 22's ?!

Only jokin - God bless ya !!

Personally i'd go for 19 max, any bigger and you start knocking the geometry of the car out. A friends put some 20's on an A6 recently even though they do look good he's regreting them now as he feels the ride is really really stiff. Then again Kris you hardly drive your audi anyway so should not be a problem. If I was you I'd stick with what you have and if your adamant on spending money buy a windscreen for your cab...

i would but aeroscreen/windsreen is £1250 and its not a guareteed fit!