Sat Nav problems

trekbiker

Reaction score
I have SN + factory fitted. I think the disc is damaged(its only a copy).

It keeps on repeating the disc error.I have just bought the car. i did 2 journeys where it worked fine, then it struggled calculating journeys. Now, the CD error/clean disc keeps coimng up.

Does anyone have an original CD rom i can buy, or laternativley one they can copy for me please? I will pay postage & costs!

Failing that, what non- Audi discs are compatible?
many thanks
Martin

Is it the RNS-E version? If you have a factory fitted sat nav, take it to your local dealer they wil give you a free upgrade to a 2007 version.
Ian

arthurfuxake said:
Is this the older CD based SatNav+, or is it the newer DVD based RNS-E?

The older version, DNS 4-2, FF in a 2002 A4 TDIQ. Surely Audi wouldnt upgrade this for nowt??

DNS? Do you have an actual sat nav screen, or is it the one with the buttons next to the handbrake and the directions are displayed in the DIS screen between the speedo and rev-counter?

If you have one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A6-RNS-D-CD-Navigation-System-2002_W0QQitemZ330112998722QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can make a copy of my discs (I have the RNS-D that I removed from mine, they're 2003 discs.)

PM me your address and I'll get them in the post this weekend.

Arf,

Yes thats exactly what i have. have PM'd you, many thanks for your assistance!

ArfFFS

Yes, many thanks it has!! Please PM me your address and i'll pop something in the post for you!
Martin