Auto Window Closure ....

vwlt

Reaction score
Just wondering, if I use my key in the door and hold it in the lock position for 5 seconds, all the windows automatically shut and the car locks.

Is there any way that you can do this by using the close button on the key itself rather than having to put the key in the door.

Sorry for all the questions, but new to this, and trying to sort a few things out.

Also, is VAG COM available to buy and is it easy to use, there just seems to be a lot of things you can do with it, and I thought it would be useful for when i start to do my own servicing.

On mine, push and hold unlock to unwind the window and push and hold lock to do them up. This also does the sunroof on mine.

Yes all VAG cars have autoclosure by holding the lock button down. Think you can VAGCOM the car to do it without having to hold the button.

Just tried that and it does not work. Is it a programming issue or is there something I can do ??

Seems strange, every VAG car I have had does it, Polo, Golf, Bora, Passat, A4, and Seat Leon, did you press and hold lock button on remote?

Also try holding key in lock position in the lock to see if it does it as might be a prob with remote although unlikely if it is locking the car ok.

Everyone I know with a VW or Audi including me has the same thing, if you hold the lock button it closes the windows

It's a coding issue.

Close on holding the button on the remote (and open - except sunroof) is not programmed by all dealers. Pretty simple job with VAG-COM, change both the coding and an adaptation channel value. All the details are on the Rosss Tech website on the B6 A4 car procedures page.