Who you guys insured with

pav-g

Reaction score
Quick question - my 190S-line 54plate is up for renewal, currently with 'first alternative' and have 10yrs NCB protected. Been with them for 3 years and renewal premium is coming up as £577 p.a Im over 30 and personally feel thats really expensive - any recommendations... renewal date is 16th may

Im with Bell, i find the Admiral group to be pretty cheap... go to confused.com or whatever its called

Im with Admiral,really happy with them.
When i got my renewal i told them i had a better quote(£45) and wanted to cancel and they matched my imaginary quote straight away.
I pay less than £400.

Yeah Ive been on confused.com and there are a couple of quotes coming on around £422 which is nearly £150 saving already - will try Admiral next. thanks guys...

Lie, its not in my nature mate - I'll just bend the truth slightly!!!

:faint:
Hastings Direct are supposed to be quite good.Never tried them though.

i'm paying just over £700 with admiral for my car and the wifes a2, and they know about the wheels and other bits and i got all the extra legal stuff bits, multi car is good, was paying £1200 for both before on there own, ohh i've only got 2yrs no claims and am 29yrs old!!!! i think there just being nice

prior to my a4 avsnt tdi sport i had a remapped octavia vrs and was with privilige. paid around £349 fully comp for me and the other half with full no claims and was 30 at the time. when i swapped to my audi i even got a refund of a whole fiver!!!!!!

My renewal is due 15th may, i went onto confused.com and i have insured myself and the wife for £324 inc legal cover and courtesy car, im only 28 with 5yrsNCB and the wife is only 26, i thought it was a ****** good deal!!!! Oh and nearly forgot to mention it was Swiftcover who have reinsured me.:hi:

I dont think its my age or status, think it boils down to postcode as when you mention manningham/heaton (Bradford Riots) - insurance companies **** their pants. Even though these are probably the safest communities in bradford. I shall continue perservering...

I've been with Privelige for about 6years now, and have always found them cheapest whenever I check around. You need 3yrs NCB, which you have so that should be fine...

Priviledge £968 excluding NC protection. Definately something wrong here!!

Oh, and if you use confused.com go to the companies websites as well; sometimes they come up cheaper if you get a quote directly.

I'm with Churchill, partly because they automatically include Comprehensive cover for driving on the continent. I'm over there a few times a year so that saves £15 a time for upgrading my cover compared with my previous insurer.

Try Noel Dazely..

I go t told by the guys in the S3 forum when i used to have mine to give them a go as Elephant was charging me £1100. They did it for £650.. I belive they are pretty good at handling claims too..

http://www.noeldazely.co.uk/

Pal

Im with admiral, cheap as cheap thing on a cheap day!

NO NO NO People, Try Adrian Flux.

Full no claims,28yrs young with 6 Points :eyebrows: £539!!

Considering axa were charging me £710, I rang adrain flux and they always ask what have you been quoted before, You simply tell them a good £150 - £200 less and Providing it sounds realistic from your cheapest quote, the kind lady will beat it, even if its by a tenner.

And thats including mods!!!

You gotta try it for true.

Go on, it wont hurt.:motz:

..and yes Noel dazey were pretty close, Ady flux dropped my Excess by £50 so I went with them.

:motz:

So far the best quote I got is from confused.com and its with Sainsburys Bank at £422 all in inc wife as additional driver. Funny thing is it was the first quote I got and since then theyve escalated to 1100 (Kwikfit). The cars parked on private drive - no garage but its living in a exclusive postcode BR0 1NX

I'll try Adrian fLUX in the morning as you do like during work time...

I'm with Esure the cover is pretty good, but you do have to deal with a call centre in India

:lmfao: though they have just advertised on tv this minute that they only have call centres in the UK! maybe they have stopped them now ?

My second highest quote is from esure at 461 thats through confused.com, thanks mate for recommendation.

Another for Admiral - just shy of £420, fully comp, 9yrs protected NC, all mods declared, guaranteed courtesy/hire car, just outside Beirut. Sorry, Blackburn :rolleyes:

You know it makes sense Pav, Judging by your quotes so far, Go in at around £60 cheaper....then lets see what they say!!!

pav-g said:
I'll try Adrian fLUX in the morning as you do like during work time...

Did a little quote earlier today actually and to my surprise £608 with quinn-direct.

Im 25 with 7yrs NCB granted, but I live in "war torn" Northern Ireland.

MoreThan came out best for me via confused.com
Managed to get me and the missus fully comp on my 53 plate cabriolet for £400 for both !

Well happy with that - and they only charged £5 for FULL Business mileage (not just commuting)

Andy

£315 thats awesome, erm can I move in.... we are talking fully comp arent we... some great suggestions there fellas, thanks. My renewal dateis 19th of May so have a few days to ponder with - just got some bad news on wifes espace - gearbox has gone so there goes a grand on a replacement and thats a second hand one...

Yeah fully comp, might be age related 36 full ncb, dont live in a great postcode area but is ok and is parked on drive at night when not on nightshift, the wife got a new Seat Leon TDI 2 months ago and was £285 for her car so well pleased with the £315.

Try Norwich Union Pav, they were cheap as chips on my first car which was a group 10 and I was 17 and had only just passed.

Now I'm paying £800 a year on my A4 through Churchill, which is not too bad as I'm going to be 21 in a few months so I'm still a young'un.

tried them all,just got insured with adrian flux 428.00
morethan wanted more-than anyone else 840.00..jokers,.......oh and they dont like mods!

Ive just got a quote from Admiral on an S3 which was nearly £500,added my older sister as a named driver and it came down to £309,why didnt i think of this earlier.:keule:

golf said:
Try Norwich Union Pav, they were cheap as chips on my first car which was a group 10 and I was 17 and had only just passed.

Now I'm paying £800 a year on my A4 through Churchill, which is not too bad as I'm going to be 21 in a few months so I'm still a young'un.

Bless your cotton socks - cant remember when I was 21. I'll give Churchill a call

pav-g said:
Bless your cotton socks - cant remember when I was 21. I'll give Churchill a call

Try 30 odd years ago pav!!:p

Adrian Flux Pav:asskicking: