A4 1.8T REMAP

ambrez

Reaction score
looking to get my a4 1.8t cabriolet remmaped

just finding out whos the best company to use

ive heard lots of storys about different companys

any infomation would be great

what remaps do you have?

Im not sure who is the best but as your in the west midlands chipped-uk are in Bromsgrove and i would highly recommend them.
Did a good job for me.:icon_thumright:

Jabba Sport are fantastic.
They are near Peterborough and worth the drive from anywhere.

Stringster said:
Jabba Sport are fantastic.
They are near Peterborough and worth the drive from anywhere.
What about Australia?:moa:
They use the same software as chipped-uk i think.

I did a 900 odd mile round trip to see Jim at Star Performance in fife. His knowledge and expertise are second to none IMO.

Here's the graph from a power run I had done a few weeks ago at Surrey Rolling Road........
1106670-233-271RUN2.JPG

A lovely smooth re-map with a nice long spread of torque. The graph doesn't tell the whole story though, the map is quite low boost (about .85 bar) and the turbo is spooling by 1950rpm. The car is great to drive.

At the end of the day you're going to get a lot of answers to your question. Just go with the tuner who you feel most comfortable with.

BUB :beerchug:

Looks good BUB.Is that a generic or custom jobbie,any other performance mods?

I would recommend Mihnea at MRC Tuning in Banbury, he can do you either a generic map, or a completely custom, real-time mapping as you drive job. Either way you won't be disappointed.

Yeah they are good but they still charge £500+ dont they???

james0808 said:
Looks good BUB.Is that a generic or custom jobbie,any other performance mods?

Thanks James.

The main performance mods are an Oettinger Alloy Intake and a Milltek Cat' back system.

bubstar said:
Thanks James.

The main performance mods are an Oettinger Alloy Intake and a Milltek Cat' back system.

Did you notice much difference with them mods???

Oh and to answer your 1st question the map is Jims own running a little more boost at the top end.

The Intake was fitted before the re-map, I'd say it helped with spool and pick up slightly. Jim reckoned it was worth 5bhp Oettinger claim this too. The car showed 208bhp standard on Stars rollers.

I fitted the Milltek last year. It's helped a lot with spool, midrange torque and smoothness. It also sounds great, not loud just mellow although it's starting to get a little louder I think. 200cpsi Cat' next............

BUB