TDi Clutch life

samuelt

Reaction score
Hi all

How long should the first clutch last in a 1.9 TDI 130???

Toby

Mines done 62k and its ********'d..............Really high pedal on last legs.:blownose:

Mine has done 103K and is still on the original. Our other A4 with 139K on the clock (130bhp 2.0 20v petrol) is also original but biting point is a lot higher than the other one.

It depends on driving style. I just changed mine a few weeks ago while it was being repaired for a slight dent in the front and it had done 104k.
My friend's only done 62k before he had to change it but he spent a lot of time in the city and driving hard.

Looks like mines on the way out too...75k done although no idea of how hard the first
42k were put on!

Sometimes mine feels like it is slipping at low revs when pulling off, give it high revs when pulling off and it bites fine

So can I assume that the higher the biting point, the closer to death?

Any indication...have a choice to make, sell up or drive until it (may or may not) go on me...have a lot of miles to do this year so need to decide and cost or changing vs cost of fixing anything is the factor

Also, was in multi-storey last night and by the third level, she seemed to be slipping like crazy, felt horrible.....

mines done 83k now and it still feels like new ,
so i recone it's been well looked after