2004 Audi A4 1.8T XM READY

metroaudi

Reaction score
When it says XM ready does that mean you have to just pay the subcription fee and it works right on your Audi stereo built into the car?

Does it look any different? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

No, you have to get the receiver box and proper harnesses installed ($$$). That's why when you order your car, there is a significant price for adding the full XM system to your car. XM ready just means the stock Headunit can control an XM receiver box if installed. All pre-2004 Audi's cannot directly hookup Satellite radio to the headunit without using an adaptor, and with an adaptor you cannot control the receiver box (have to have a remote controler and dispay)

xmradio.com
sirius.com

No I have a 2004 Audi A4 1.8t with the Bose premium sound system (XM) What does this mean?

Just because you have the Bose Premium sound doesn't mean you have all the components to receive XM. Unless you paid for the Infotainment package that comes with BOSE & XM then you don't have everything you need. All 2004 radios are "XM Ready", but don't have all the hardware for XM. The difference between 04's and the previous years is that the 04 Bose radio can control and show song information on the display for XM. All previous MY's you have to buy an adaptor which only allows for the XM sound to be channeled throught the stock radio system, but you still couldn't control the changing of channels and see song information in the screen.

The bottom line is, you can order Bose without having all the XM hardware. You should have been given your XM Receiver ID number at the time of purchase. This is the number you need to use to activate your XM subscription. If you don'thave one, then chances are you don't have all the hardware for XM to work.

yeah buby is right... i have the XM ready satellite...that means all u have to do is call up XM and they will activate it for u at a monthly charge. but i didnt do it cause i have alot of CDs and the radio is always another option. but i like XM radio

I just purchased a 2004 A4 with the infotainment/XM package, but was really looking for the Sirius sat radio... it seems that most dealers/owners get their Audis with XM. Does anyone know if its possible to switch over to Sirius / is it just a matter of switching out the XM hardware for the Sirius hardware?