urgent help needed Alarm keeps going off but it's very odd

GFORCE

Bring On The Sunshine
Reaction score
Hi,

parked the cabriolet up locked it as normal with the fob everything fine. Few hours later the alarm is beeping away but without the hazzards flashing and also the red leds on the door are flashing as normal.

I Unlocked the car with the fob and the alarm was still beeping away.odd

I locked and unlocked it a few times and even started the car and when driving it it was STILL beeping away again without any hazzards flashing.

I tried to turn off the anti tow away and interior ultrasonics but again this had no effect. After driving with the alarm going off for 10 mins it went quiet. Parked up the car locked it and it started again 5 mins after stopping.

The alarm isnt coming from the bonnet but from the drivers side behind the drivers seat, like where the rear speaker is.

Any ideas??

For now I had to lock the car manually and disconnect the battery or the neighbours tonight wouldnt get much sleep

Blooming cars!

dont kno but watch no ones been tampering with it,

as a update disconnected the battery.

Everything touch would has been fine since I hooked it back up.

BUT........ the red led's on the doors that normally flash now when the car is locked only flash rapidly about 8-9 times before going to constant red without flashing ???

Would VAG com be able to pick up these faults ?

happened the m8, he changed the sensors inside and it kept doing it and even the locks. in the end up it was a faulty sounder box in the boot. changed that and all was sweet again. £20 from a local breakers ;)

TINTMASTER said:
happened the m8, he changed the sensors inside and it kept doing it and even the locks. in the end up it was a faulty sounder box in the boot. changed that and all was sweet again. £20 from a local breakers ;)

Thanks for this, do you know exactly where it is located or how to get to it ?

Cheers

It's probably the backup battery for the alarm. If it starts losing it's charge then it thinks someone's tampering with it and sounds the alarm. This happened alot on old shape A3's. The battery is part of the siren and was located at the bottom of the rear cubbyhole. If any water gets in there it corroded the siren and/or battery.