JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance

Thread: New pics

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Ive just posted your pics for you mate on the other thread, Answer to my question was yes its had a respray. (from other thread)

Nice motor!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    nice steering wheel "lock" loll

6th Gear

Status
    Looking good. Love the wheels. Personally i would try to lose the small mudflap behind the front wheel arch.
    Built in Germany, Perfected in England

1st Gear

Status
    the roads are crap where i work, the paint wouldnt look good for long, i'm looking to get rear ones soon, the audi ones fit good and aint too big,

front pic!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...h/PIC_0016.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Like the military style. Did you spray the chrome grill surround black yourself or is it from the black pack from Vag Parts?

Very nice mate.

B6 A4 1.9TDi 130Bhp, 18" RS6 Reps, iPod ICELink, S4 Grill, S4 Door Flares

1st Gear

Status
    thanks matey, i did spray the surround myself, easy to pull apart but a pain in the knacker to put back together once painted, i had to respray the lower grill this weekend got chipped.

i used plastic primer then 6-7 coats of black...???? still chips easily, i think the audi bit are painted with a superglue mix

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by terrysingh
    thanks matey, i did spray the surround myself, easy to pull apart but a pain in the knacker to put back together once painted, i had to respray the lower grill this weekend got chipped.

i used plastic primer then 6-7 coats of black...???? still chips easily, i think the audi bit are painted with a superglue mix
    The genuine Audi black surrounds are not painted. They are made from black plastic.

Scott

Reverse Gear

Status
    very nice mate but not for me. think you have just skimmed £1500 of the price of ur car mate if u ever sell,coz as soon as i see a re-spray im wondering whats he hiding under that paint

1st Gear

Status
    ahhh there where your wrong, a repray all depends on who you use, check one the the post on this forum, the guy i used works alone, and is f'ing exellent, i'm a real attention to detail guy, i think i might have "ocd" , anyway there no orange peel, overspray, or flatspots, or i would have got it sorted,

i had a golf gti 2000 (w) that got smacked by a lovely lady at a shopping mall, the car went into a big repair centre and it came out looking like a blind person had fixed it,

good bodyshops are few and far between, but everyones got there own opinions?

ps: the pic dont do the car justice,

S55 LKS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by terrysingh
    car just sprayed, not sure if i should put the black strip across the back bumper,

going to fit the carbon fiber piller bits and spoiler this weekend!!!
    I keep meaning to have a word with a vinyl sign-writer to see about getting him to cut a carbon fibre vinyl to replace my black one.....That could look good if you are adding other carbon fibre trim..???

By going to a sign-writer it means the vinyl isn't the thin cheap stuff on fleabay. Just a thought.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Not at all, I have to disagree, Ive got a few MORE of THEM tiny dents that Appear and its doing my head in, I have a Good Spot dent on my Bonnet and someone has kindy Autographed their Straight line sig on my Boot, About Inch n Half long....So Im now thinking of getting it sorted but what it will take to do the little dented door buggers and the scratches Im think a Full respray Apart from Roof....

So regards to the Skimming 1500 off the price of his motor, Id say No chance, Someone goes to see that and IMO will look at it and say "yeah il take it". ------ but thats if it was for sale that is.

If someone came to look at my car and said sorry Ill give you 1500 less, Id say F'off and do one. If they asked why I sprayed it, Id tell them truth, It had tiny parking dinks and me being Picky wanted them sorted. No point in doing 1 front wing, 3 doors and Bonnet is there..

Anyway Tery, While we on the subject, What are you Hiding..
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro
    very nice mate but not for me. think you have just skimmed 1500 of the price of ur car mate if u ever sell,coz as soon as i see a re-spray im wondering whats he hiding under that paint

1st Gear

Status
    haha very funny, motors dun 97k most on the motorway, and the bonnet looked like a teenager face! looks like its just come out of the factory now, plus the wife decided to parallel park next to a bollard and caught the rear bumper and arch causing a little cosmetic f'up the first week i got it. nice and new now. i'd have to agree to if a cars been sprayed 110% first class job, and the owner tells you why, saves you the job! prob adds a bit of value?

regarding the carbon fiber cutout, i went too a local guy i know and the carbon strip along the bumper looked ott with the spoiler, my old said once the strip that came with the bumper is on it aint coming off, hence the decesion making???? i'll take a pic and post it as it is.