My proposed mods - what do you think?

technics100

Reaction score
I had thought about bodykits etc, but its just too much money so here are the planned mods

S4 Avus wheels - £525
S4 upper & lower grill - £80
Colour coding - £250
sell old 162 wheels - -£200

Total cost £655 ish

I know I will have to cut the lower S4 grill to fit but should be OK.. I think it changes the car and looks good for the money...maybe even a couple of s-line badges too.

Before

amuletredvr1.jpg

After (Hopefully)

amuletredmoddedgw0.jpg

Will look good,the only thing im not sure about is the lower grill.

why thank you, don't want to spend the guts of £1600 on a car than I will have for about 2 years, I think the lower S4 grill looks good and matches the top well, - close up pic

s4lower2le5.jpg

It will take a bit of dremeling but I thknk will work well..

I think the lower grill looks wierd, Id go for the Black S4 grill instead of the chrome. Someone has posted theirs up on here, Same as yours but with the darker grill.Looks spot on
Its a shame you didnt have the chrome window surrounds then I reckon the grill would have looked more in place...but hey, Ive got my Grill coming too so maybe it will look the same on mine.hmmm. The other mods you have planned are a Yes from me though.

technics100 said:
I think the lower S4 grill looks good and matches the top well,
It does match the top one but looks odd with the fog light grills.
amuletredmoddedgw0.jpg

Maybe its just me.

Yes thats maybe what is catching my eye aswell, the fog light surrounds.

I had black upper and lower grills on my previous A4, but thought they might look a bit weird on the avant due to the chrome roof bars..

I did like the blackout front, as I didn't have chrome windows aswell.

a41xl2.jpg

J7USS said:
I think the lower grill looks wierd, Id go for the Black S4 grill instead of the chrome. Someone has posted theirs up on here, Same as yours but with the darker grill.Looks spot on
Its a shame you didnt have the chrome window surrounds then I reckon the grill would have looked more in place...but hey, Ive got my Grill coming too so maybe it will look the same on mine.hmmm. The other mods you have planned are a Yes from me though.

Yes I know where you coming from on that one.

technics100 said:
I had black upper and lower grills on my previous A4, but thought they might look a bit weird on the avant due to the chrome roof bars..

I did like the blackout front, as I didn't have chrome windows aswell.

I can can any 18's for £540 RS4, new RS4, RS8, RS6 etc, The place I get them made a mistake about the S4 wheels, they are actually £670. trust the ones I want to be dearer..

FrankG said:
S4 Avus wheels - £525

Looking good, I have seen both S4 grills on a Silver Avant and they looked very well so I would go for it, where did you get the weels for that price and did they include tyres?
P.S. I fiited a S4 badge as well but I removed the 4 so its just an S badge as the S-line does not fit the S4 grill.

All you need to do next is fit a 4.2 V8, sports suspension. chrome mirrors, a rear badge and you virtually have the real thing.

and door flares!!!!! why would you want the sound of a V8 when you can have the nice purr of a diesel....no smoke no poke...

technics100 said:
and door flares!!!!! why would you want the sound of a V8 when you can have the nice purr of a diesel....no smoke no poke...

If i had an S4 i would take the door flares off,i think they look butt ugly.
no smoke no poke.:icon_thumright:

technics100 said:

You mean chatter and clatter of a diesel

I've got some original Audi (S-line) lower Door Blades if you/anyone is interested. Not really sure what they are worth?

Currently in Phantom Black with a few little marks. Can be painted any colour to match your car though.

Sensible offers guys!