Naughty Naughty - Satin silver Mirrors

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Right then, you may have heard that my Cousin works for a large Accident repair center as a Sprayer, Has been for 9yrs now. Well he tells me that there was an Avant that came in for repair, Full side and it had the satin Mirrors on, well for some reason on his Job/Paint sheet, it stated respray the wing mirror which he did as instructed instead of Renew, that was nearly a year ago and they havnt had any comebacks.

My point is that I didnt really think about that one sooooooo....you know what Im going to say dont you....Yes Im having mine done. He owes me few favours so it aint costing me Jack so Im going to go for it. Satin Mirrors were on my list but no harm in trying hey. Will save me £100 + if it works, If not then well Ill be puting them back on my List!!

He swears to me that he can get them looking like the Real thing, Apparently wouldnt be able to tell difference. They have plenty of the certain paint in stock so why not.

I know some of you will say "they'll prob look ***** in time" but no harm in having a go.

:think:

I'm quite keen to see what normal silver metalic mirrors look like on my car. Certainly from a distance you'd not be able to tell that they're not satin silver.

I asked him that wouldnt it just look like ive just robbed someones silver mirrors, He laughed and said leave it to the master.lol.....so Ill be leaving it with him. He reckons he can get it spot on and not like normal silver metallic.hmmmm, we'll see hey.

arthurfuxake said:
I'm quite keen to see what normal silver metalic mirrors look like on my car. Certainly from a distance you'd not be able to tell that they're not satin silver.
My car is light silver and I originally bought some In.pro Satin mirrors for it from GtiGlasgow. After getting them I offered them up to the car and there was next to no difference between them and my painted ones. So much so that I sold them on, it seemed silly to spend the money when I'd be the only one to notice.

So I'd say that painting the mirrors in light silver would certainly give a very similar look to the Satin ones.

Right, lets put your cousing to the challenge, he sounds very confident.

I always wondered what it would like just to spray them, i'll be interested in the results.

Should be end of next week sometime, Soon as I have them Ill post them up...

:aggressive:what a ****** sh*thouse, Took my mirrors off today ready for paint and YES I managed to ****** break them both, the mirror lenses taht is.- ArRrRrGgGhhhh!!!

So now Ive got to seek some new ones........Anyone have any good ideas where I can get some???????

Halfrauds do some but not sure what they'd be like..??

if you want 2nd hand Audi ones I dare say you'd have to buy the whole housings from a breakers which is a bit of a waste of money.

Its worth checking prices with the stealers I suppose and Audi-accessories do a retro heated mirror kit for 50 odd sheets which includes the glass if you dont already have it.

:thumbsup:Cheers Sinny, Ill check that out tomorrow, Im too impatient, My cousin said to me make sure you take them off from the mid sections and not the edges but me being me thought I could defeat the undefeated....:no:hell no!!

Cant believe how pricey these mirrors are, ouchhhh!!!