ALLOYS FOR MY A4 AVANT

Spannertail

Reaction score
I have a 54 plate tdi sport avant with 17 inch kraft alloys which i'm looking to change. i have decided on either RS6 or Nouvolari both in 19 inch. do any of you have either, and do you have any pics of them

There is plenty of people on here with RS6's spannertail but i think you may have to do a bit of digging to find an avant with Nouvolari's.

There has been quite a few posts over the last couple of weeks with people with RS6 rims and you may also find what you are looking for in the 'sticky' thread at the top of the forum 'Post a pic of your Car'

The number of A4's with RS6's is a testament to how much they suit the A4. I'm also looking to change my alloys as my tyres are due for changing. I'm just concerned that the RS6's are just so common now. But, they do look good. Maybe the new RS4's??

A friend of mine has just put some Nouvolari's on his A4 and personally I think they look crap, what an ugly wheel - my mate he loves them to bits - each to their own I suppose and then there was me telling him how beautiful they looked... stick to the RS6's you cant go far wrong, beautiful wheel and easy to maintain...

pav-g said:
A friend of mine has just put some Nouvolari's on his A4 and personally I think they look crap, what an ugly wheel - my mate he loves them to bits - each to their own I suppose and then there was me telling him how beautiful they looked... stick to the RS6's you cant go far wrong, beautiful wheel and easy to maintain...
I have to agree about the Nouvolari's though I've not seen them in 19" so they may look better with the longer spokes. RS6's do look great on the A4.

I'm sure I have seen some replica wheels very similar to the MTM's but I cant remember where they were....:uhm: :uhm:

I have a feeling it may have been in the states though.

In an uncharacteristic flash of inspiration I remembered where I'd see the wheels. It was in the states though so I have no idea if it would be cost effective or if they'd even send them to the uk. Check out the Audi DTM replica's. And if you happen to be made of money, they do a forged wheel cut from billet aluminium.

http://www.hartmannwheels.com/site/audi.php

Surely though if they are selling replica's, someone else must be somewhere...???

Blinkin heck I'm on a roll. In my quest to find some replica's like the MTM Bimoto's I have found these on Rochford tyres.

Sadly they are out of stock and at £600 for 18's with tyres and £945 for the 19's I cant say I'm surprised.

242.jpg

Bit pricey but hey theyre different. With regards my opinion - jurys out! still reckon RS6's are spot on for the A4's

They are a bit pricey compared to some, but compared to Bimoto's or Sportec mono10's they are a bargain.

There is also a 5% discount by using promotional code AUDISPORT, or atleast they used to be.

I had nouvolari's in 18's thought they looked good at first but now i can see they wasn't.
RS6 do look very good but are everywhere.Might still get some when i get an S3 though.:w00t:

Has anyone got an A4 on 5 spoke alloys? Always liked 5 spokers because they are easy to keep clean, plus I like my wheels to not look too fussy!

RS6 reps are 5 spokes and do look good, though everyone seems to getting them. I like my 17" 5 spokes but they area little small so I'll go bigger eventually. I've spotted some 6 spoke S4 reps recently but they seem pricey too. But you dont see many about.

Sinny71 said:
RS6 reps are 5 spokes and do look good, though everyone seems to getting them. I like my 17" 5 spokes but they area little small so I'll go bigger eventually. I've spotted some 6 spoke S4 reps recently but they seem pricey too. But you dont see many about.

You following me? :detective2: :)

You are a helpful fellow! Thanks!

james0808 said:
...Might still get some when i get an S3 though.:w00t:

Sorry to be off topic, but James don't get an S3, they aren't very special. The interior is lovely and it looks the part on the outside, but having driven my mates chipped S3 (with circa 260bhp) it just didn't feel that quick.

Also driving wise the steering lacks feel. You're better off getting a Golf R32.

I drove a nice one during the week also around 260.Loved it mate,ok its not as fast as an EVO and very little feel from the steering but its fast enough for me.Golf R32 are too thirsty for me,lovely car though.Got to put mine back to standard before i can buy one.:sadlike:

sinny77 i agree with you that the s4 6 spoke reps are very nice, i was bidding on fleeay for a set of 4 18inch recently however they went for £660 plus £50 del for the wheels alone which works out expensive when you put good rubber on them.

There is a difference in style with the 18inch and 19inch, the reps above are 18inch.

I spoke to Rochford last week and they say they wont be getting in anymore 19inch reps :no:

Loving them MTM's and the rep's. Mind you ive always been Rs4's Fan though.

i'm really liking the look of that silver Avant. I love the S4 wheels as they aren't that common and have also been thinking about the Votex front end and sideskirts.

Though I'll admit the RS6's look better...

I have the S4 wheels on my A4 and I can't say iv'e seen another with them on and they do look sweet:icon_thumright:

DSC00043.jpg

very nice nik nak, wanted them for mine but could'n find any under 600 for the wheels alone. got rs6's on now and they look good car also handles better now too....

Yeah i'm really pleased with them, took 6 months of keeping an eye on flee bay, picked them up for £450 inc tyres:icon_thumright:

is there a big difference in looks between a SE and sport each fitted with 18" wheels on?? My 02 sport has the standard 16" wheels and one of my friends has an 03 SE with A8 Di-cut replicas and another has a 04 sport with the standard 17" wheels. out of them all the sport with the 17" looks better, how much higher does a SE sit over a sport??

arthurfuxake said:
The number of A4's with RS6's is a testament to how much they suit the A4.

Very true they do suit the A4,but its also a testament to how cheap RS6 wheels are.If the RS6 reps were over a grand for 18's you wouldnt see many then.

I called Rochford tyres about the MTM Reps in 19's and they can't get anymore and totally sold out.

You can't beat the genuine MTM Bimotots 19's though.

Audi%20TT%20Bimoto%20%20MTM.jpg

samuelt said:
is there a big difference in looks between a SE and sport each fitted with 18" wheels on?? My 02 sport has the standard 16" wheels and one of my friends has an 03 SE with A8 Di-cut replicas and another has a 04 sport with the standard 17" wheels. out of them all the sport with the 17" looks better, how much higher does a SE sit over a sport??
I think my 04 Sport sits about 20mm lower than similar aged SE's. I dont know whether the older Sports were the same though.

they must do because mine is obviously lower than his SE, can you get the S4 avus rep alloys in 18"?

Yeah I agree mate, Love them alloys, you dont see many about either, I know of a guy who was at Mrc last year that paid £990 just for the alloys alone. quite a hit eh!!

GFORCE said:
I called Rochford tyres about the MTM Reps in 19's and they can't get anymore and totally sold out.

You can't beat the genuine MTM Bimotots 19's though.