EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    S55 LKS

Status

How many foglights..??

I know its a bit of a strange question but how many foglights does your A4 have on the rear..??

The reason I ask is that during some fog last week I reversed onto the drive and noticed only the offside foglight was on. Its a long time since I have had a car with just the one rear foglight so I presumed a bulb was out. I picked up the bulb and went to put it on yesterday. There is somewhere for the bulb to go but on looking closer this just seems to be a blank, and has no wiring or contacts where the bulb sits.

Now it may be that this is just a blank which is used on the continent when the left becomes the offside but I'm just curious.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

2. # ADS
    ADS

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Just the 1.

It's so that it's easier to distinguish the difference between the foglights and the brakelights.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    yep, mines the same and i did the same as you, actually went back and exchanged the new bulb too thinking it was faulty!!!
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

S55 LKS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1210tech
    yep, mines the same and i did the same as you, actually went back and exchanged the new bulb too thinking it was faulty!!!
    LOL, I didn't get that far but would be lying if I said I spotted it right away. I put the bulb in and was trying the lights beforeI realised.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurfuxake
    Just the 1.

It's so that it's easier to distinguish the difference between the foglights and the brakelights.
    Not that old "urban myth" again! There's 3 brake lights, so 2 fog lights would still be able to be distinguished from 3 brake lights. The other "urban myth" is that it's a German regulation - it's not and never has been which is why you see Mercedes and Opels with 2 rear fog lights.

At last on the B7 Audi have "done it properly" and fitted 2 rear fog lights (2 rear fog lights on my B7 RS4 Avant).

I "corrected" my 2000 8L S3 to have 2 rear fog lights, and also my 2003 B6 S4 Avant, but couldn't do it to my 2004 S4 Avant because the lamp holders have had the bulb holder removed. Got really p155'd off at my neighbour keep telling me I had a bulb blown!!!
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

My BM is fixed!

Status
    Its all down to cost saving, and the law states that there only needs to be one on the o/s so thats all there is.
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

S55 LKS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave
    I "corrected" my 2000 8L S3 to have 2 rear fog lights, and also my 2003 B6 S4 Avant, but couldn't do it to my 2004 S4 Avant because the lamp holders have had the bulb holder removed. Got really p155'd off at my neighbour keep telling me I had a bulb blown!!!
    I was thinking about whether that was going to be possible. Was it easy enough to do???