Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Service indicator on - how far can I go?

As the post suggests, Service! shows on the DIS and I'm due an 80K full on service (car currently has 77K on the clock). The car is set up for variable service interval, last service at 61K.

Question is - How far can I go before things get risky?

Reason - booked in at stealership tomorrow, but having costed non-stealership prices, looking to book it in at a non-stealership. Only problem, they can not fit it in until next week, by which time I will most likely have another 300 miles on the clock.

What should I do? pay the extra 110 to the stealership or wait a week and risk the extra 300 miles?

Rowland.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Three hundred miles wont do any harm, the service reminder will be naturally over cautious anyway. If it bothers you take it easy but it wont make any difference, itll only matter if you let it run over by 1000s of miles.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

Neutral

Status
    Cheers Doctor,

I'm cautious due to being 3K miles off the magic (not for my wallet!!) 80K cambelt change.
    Rowland.

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Your cambelt wont snap just cos the service interval light has come one, and in anycase your cambelt is not due for 3k so 300miles wont do any harm. Its up to you its your money but i certainly wouldnt worry about it, i used to work at chester audi till 12mths ago and id say around 70% of cars we used to service came in well overdue, far more than 300 miles.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

Neutral

Status
    Great, you've put my mind at rest :-)

Neutral

Status
    Ach mines been on since January and Ive done about 4000miles over, will get it serviced one of these days......

Its only an indicator to tell you its time for a service, doesnt mean the cam-belts going to break at exactly 80,002 miles or the oil is going to turn to sludge after the light comes on....!!!
    Last edited by tractorman; 29th March 2007 at 17:40.
    2004 Black S4 Avant.
    RNS-E, Glovebox Changer, Bose, Cruise Control, Black Leather Interior, Heated Front Seats, Sony Bluetooth Handsfree, Rear Parking Sensors, Blinds, Lighting and Storage Pack.
    Slim-line DVD player to be fitted soon!

Neutral

Status
    LMFAO! Thanks Tractorman :D

4th Gear

Status
    Where you getting your cambelt done? Stoke Audi did mine for £340 inc the water pump, best price I could find by a mile?

Neutral

Status
    Booked in at Fleet Garage Services - Stoke is a little out of my way, that's a 320 mile round trip or in my language 60 worth of petrol ;-)
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

4th Gear

Status
    Ah fair enough at least your sorted