help... how to?

Christina

Reaction score
just trying to swop my wing mirrors to new chrome ones i bought from going fast and cant work out how to do it! (prob really obvious and ill kick myself when u tell me). i've removed the two screws from underneath but I cant work out how to get the cover off. can anyone help... it's getting dark and really want to get them on tonight, thanks guys :think:

If you've not already changed the mirrors try A4mods.com. I used this site to do mine.

thanks guys. as long as the rain stops will have another go at it this evening :hi:

thanks for your help i managed to get the mirrors on today + they look great but unfortunately in the process I smashed the actual mirror on the passenger side. anyone know the best place to get a replacement glass. just had a quick look on ebay but they only seem to have the whole mirror part. cheers

might try and venture down there tomo + see what they've got. thanks.

thanks for your help i managed to get the mirrors on today + they look great but unfortunately in the process I smashed the actual mirror on the passenger side. anyone know the best place to get a replacement glass. just had a quick look on ebay but they only seem to have the whole mirror part. cheers

christina's around dive for cover, if you check my group buy thread there was a link on there for glass replacement bits as one person smashed theres too

Christina said:

you can get the original heated mirror glass as a set from audi-accessories, link: http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=196

Mcgough said:
christina's around dive for cover, if you check my group buy thread there was a link on there for glass replacement bits as one person smashed theres too

im sure it was a faulty clip behind the mirror (well thats what im telling everyone anyway. shame!)
:keule:
thanks will have a look on there and ill have a look at the heated link too, cheers 1210tech. i dont think mine are heated at the moment though. if i buy heated will they work?? if it will i'll prob upgrade to those but if not ill stick to cheap and cheerful! anybody know if it will work?

heated are fine, they are same glass they just has a clip for the wires to be attached, just leave it loose!!

Christina said:
im sure it was a faulty clip behind the mirror (well thats what im telling everyone anyway. shame!)
:keule:
thanks will have a look on there and ill have a look at the heated link too, cheers 1210tech. i dont think mine are heated at the moment though. if i buy heated will they work?? if it will i'll prob upgrade to those but if not ill stick to cheap and cheerful! anybody know if it will work?
yeah, they will work, all b6 a4's come with the heater wiring connector already there in the casing, and the new mirror glass comes with a plug attached that you just plug into the connector when you fit 'em and when you switch the rear windscreen demister on the heated mirrors switch on :icon_thumright: