Sun=Clay bar time!

D8UGF

Reaction score
Took advantage of our early summer-like weather and got the clay bar and polish out, put the big wheels back on now the salt is of the roads:

Before:

After:

Was well happy with the results, clay bar was so easy to use, no hand cramps from trying to get rid of the mountain of tar that was stuck to the car!

Car looks great, nice wheels. Clay bars are great, not had the opportunity to use one on my own car yet, had it detailed a month ago and it didnt require it but had a field day on my brothers focus last weekend. The amount of **** that came off was incredible, used quick detail as a lubricant which helped.

You could do with getting your lowers painted - definately will transform looks of car.

Cheers Pav, the jury is still out with me on silver cars with the lowers painted, if it didnt look silly I would get the front and backs painted as I think silver cars look so much better with them colour coded but for some reason I like the side lowers black/grey on a silver car! Yes I used the detailer as a lubricant as well, It was one of those meguires kits, car was covered in tar but it was the grime that came out of the higher panels that surprised me.

Saw the pics you posted of your car the other day, its looking sweet, good to see you finally took the plunge and got a set of wheels!

Dougie

Weird you say that, got a friend of mine who made the same comment about his lowers on his silver a4, he likes them just the way they are. Yeah since I bought car Ive been spending time on the detailing world forum and literally spent £100's. Had the car detailed back in feb as it had loads of swirl marks on which cost me £250 and this week bought some chemical guys 50/50 wax for 25 quid (the best at that sort of price) and its great. Oh yeah for washing car you want to invest in a shmitt - great hand sponge that doesnt scratch car.

My car is the same and I don't see the attraction with painting the lower of the car silver!! They always look different colours in varying light and IMO looks better on the charcoal colour! Looks classy! I have to admit I prefer the 17" wheels.

Yes im with you marko, Nice alloys but I think the originals suit the car better.

I think J7USS looks good with those big alloys because of the body kit, they don't look out of place! I like the standard Audi look as J7USS original pic but that's just my opinion. I think you have made your motor look very sporty without being in your face like some crazy cars I have seen on the net.
D8UGF your car looks very clean with those 17" alloys. Those other alloys would suit a body kit like J7USS. IMO again :eek:)

Sorry to be blunt and IMHO if the bottom of a motor isnt colour coded it looks like a base model, and denotes it as a base model within seconds of lookin at it. Its been the case for many years with all manufacturers that less paint, the lower and cheaper the model, but this is only IMHO so dont start biting. If everyone thought the same there would be no point in this forum?:hi:

There's no harm in that, Everyone is entitled to their own opinion hey Doctor.:icon_thumright:

That's a valid point Doctor, but, IMO you can go the other way and have t0o much bright work and look blingy like a pimped Vauxhall! My car is a 2001 sport with full leather and pretty much every extra, but still with black lowers, that's how they came in 2001. I don't think less bright work applies to Audis the same these days.

My car is to please me, not someone elses opinion if it has 16" alloys and black lowers. :) I don't mean your opinion I mean other road users.

It's funny though, a guy at work has a V50 Volvo with everyone raves about, purely because it has 18" alloys and a bodykit! It's not very low, interior is cack and still has that old man car look IMO. When I get back into my A4 it speaks for itself.

The reason why I dont like the plastic lowers standard is because there is toooo much of it. If there wasnt so much plastic then It wouldnt have bothered me. As for Bright, well I still think it looks too much plastic on Navy metallic bodywork too, Even on the Black models it looks Cack, IMO that is. Like you say Marko, its how yourself wants it, Which Doc obviously knows anyway, I can totally understand what He's saying.

Mine is a Sport and Ive got pretty every extra too, I just thought when they made them on that year, Why not colour coded:think:

Takes me back to when my Brother had a Silver 1.9gti 205, he got the kit coded but I reckon it looked better in the black plastic. Suppose its down to the car in question.

I gotta admit though, where I live, there aint really any A4's that havnt been colourcoded. I wouldnt go as far as saying that Colourcoding makes your car look pimped...:think::), I think it just Finishes off what Audi couldnt be bothered to do.

Another question would be If People bought their A4's already colourcoded then would they be asking to have there lowers painted Matt Black:eyebrows:

as for comments on my car, I usually get "look at his 2 exhausts" :yes:

Ive always said though that just by colourcoding the lowers, it seems to make the car look alot more Bulkier.hmmm

Wow, been away for a few days didnt think my pics would cause such a debate ;) Takes all sorts and it would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. The OZs look ten times better than the originals in the flesh, may have been the low winter sun in the pics that made the 17s look better than they actually are.

Doc, as i said its all about opinions and at least if anything weve all had a chance to have a gas about it. IMO If a cars not got four wheel drive then its more of a base model :moa: :eyebrows: ;)

Dougie

Hope i didnt cause any offence to all you guys with base models..... LOL on messin with yall.:sadlike: It was just an opinion and only that. In any case im happy with the "pimped out" look mr Audi gave my car..:respekt:

As you've all said, each to our own... End of the day they are Audi's and that's what counts :)

No offence taken at all, its all in good jest. But a quattro aint no base model, right! :eiertritt: :)