New RS6's

pav-g

Reaction score
Hi Guys, as mentioned briefly yesterday finally managed to get my alloys. Opted for the RS6's with 235/40/18 tyres. Must admit they look awesome and glad ive stuck with 18's as they have not changed the ride at all. The weathers pretty gloomy but I think the pics have come out alright considering I gave the car 2 coats of chemical guys 50/50 wax yesterday. Enjoy

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

Are they genuine Audi? if not where did you purchase them from and how much did they set ya back?

The wheels are reps and I bought them from Autec in Dewsbury, West Yorks, initially was gonna buy from wheelbase in Oldham but they didnt have any 235/40/18 tyres in and I wanted my wheels this weekend. Opting for the wider tyre was another 120 quid on top of what I would have paid for if I got the standard 225/40/18 - £650. My mate from Autec sorted me out with a good discount including chrome valve caps, new nuts and locking wheel nuts - all balanced and fitted for £550 which I thought was a bargain - considering tyre size.

It certainly looks the part mate. I've had an A3 Sportback S-line for the the last 10 days with thoe rims on and they are growing on me. But I've also seen a few A4's kicking about with the Polished A8 rims on which looked good when they were on the move...

I love the RS8's also, but every tom, ****, harry and his dog have got them alloys on their cars in bradford and not just on audis and vw's but seats, skodas, nissans etc etc nah happy with the 6's, the bulkiness suit the car. Oh yeah other problem with RS8's is if you scuff/kurb them you cant get them refurbed but have to replace the whole alloy.

Well cheers for putting me off mate. :laugh:

I'll wait until I have some money to throw at them and will decide then.

Yeah but Newcastle is a total different kettle of fish - worst thing in bradford apart from what I wrote - taxi drivers have got them on. When your ready let us know and I'll get you a seriously good price on them.

Cheers fella, I've not seen an Avant with them on yet so I may change my mind once I do.

I agree havnt seen an avant with them on either, fingers crossed we dont.

The tryes are some foreign make, never heard of them before but they are high performance and they do grip the road pretty well and quiet. Think theyre called 'acceiera' or something like that.

Styleinnovations - thank you for making my mind up.:thumbsup:

wheels look very nice, wudnt even know they were reps,

car looks finished now

good stuff,

anymore mods planned??

Look's like Cartwright Hall in the back ground!!!

Nice looking wheels, got the same on my A4 Avant.

Yeah Pav Looking Good.:icon_thumright:

Bout ****** time too. I used to dislike black cars but yours Looks the Nuts mate, Its just a shame you cant keep it that Clean all day everyday.

My old man has a Black B5 and he cleans his every Sunday/Monday, Come Wednesday its ready for another.Look most appealing when Waxed with the right stuff. Job well done Pav :respekt:

I totally agree black cars are a bitc* to keep clean, I tend to wash it once over weekend regardless of weather. Plus Ive started taking car and working on it up at Steve's (detailer) on a saturday, with expertise and an alladins cave full of car cleaning goodies one cant go wrong. Re future mods probably look at a remapp, even though its got 190 horses, a few extra stallions wont do any harm, also look at a new votex front bumper and side skirts. Yeah invest in a professional camera, buy a tom tom and get my audio converted to house RCA leads then install my sub and amp in for depth in sound. Im open for suggestions.

By the way thanks guys for your comments.

pav-g said:
Re future mods probably look at a remapp, even though its got 190 horses, a few extra stallions wont do any harm, also look at a new votex front bumper and side skirts. Yeah invest in a professional camera, buy a tom tom and get my audio converted to house RCA leads then install my sub and amp in for depth in sound. Im open for suggestions.

By the way thanks guys for your comments.
One sugestion I'd give you is to forget all about a tom tom and pick up an RNS-E. I've got both and there really is no comparison at all.

looking good it the 18"s really suits the car

Never considered an RNSE but yeah a genuine option, the reason I was thinking about the tom tom is because I can use it in wifes car, I spend more time driving that that my own. I suppose one thing at a time dont want to be upsetting the other half - got to pace these things out

So you considering a Kit then Pav? Leave it as it is with the Sline on, It looks a Beauty as it is. Mind you the Votex on a Black car do look good!

J7USS your probably right, S-line kit does look great but I quite like the beefier front end, I suppose theres no rush - if I see one i'll buy it. Anyway today got the day off work, gonna pop down Halfrauds get a touch up pen as there are a couple stone chips and lower bumper plus get some bits and bats from their 3 for the two price range. By the way guys they sell Zymol shampoo for £5.99 and its ****** awesome stuff - I highly recommend it.

Go for the RNS-E they are the nuts, they look great work great, and the fact you can load SD cards

At this moment in time I have no idea how much the RNS E's are going for, how much they cost to fit and where I can buy one from, well apart from Flee Bay. Gonna find a previous thread on the subject and have a proper read up on the pitfall as we all the of the benefits.

I got mine off flee bay did a bit of research on the seller he was in Oldham nr Manchester, went to collect the unit, saw it working was supplied with an original DVD not a copy, was happy paid over the cash.
Carrying out the swap from a single din to a double is a bit of a nightmare if you dont' know what you doing so I asked Craig to do the install ( http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=15879 ) well worth every penny imho
Ian

Niknak how much are these units going for - approximate and what do you mean by double din. Currently I have the 6 disk changer in one would it be a straight replacement. Cheers

I only had a single CD player therfore a single din, you maybe ok, you could try taking your cd radio and 6 disk out, if you have a large gap with no divide you should be ok, but i'm sure if im wrong someone will correct me.
Paid about £400 for mine so not much more than a Tom Tom

Thanks for the info, appreciate the advise. Ive just emailed Craig for a full breakdown on costings. I thought they'd be loads more... my neighbours got a full oem sat nav set up, up for sale- I dont know what type it is not technically minded. I'll get it off him tmrw and post model number. I should get it for peanuts as Ive done him a million favours...