Fitting double DIN stereo

GTi Si

Reaction score
I understand to fit a double DIN headunit or the Sudi sat nav into a single DIN dash I will need the Audi double DIN dash mounting and climate controls.

Does anyone know the part numbers of these parts?

Thanks

S

on my last car i boughtand i got from vag parts, they sell the double din for £50 and i got the climate for £150ish from rally@aol.com

Hi, you will also need to trim the centre console down. Have a double din console for sale if interested ??
PM if you want it
Cheers

Cheers - do I definitely need a specific double DIN climate controls?

S

a4sline said:
Hi, you will also need to trim the centre console down. Have a double din console for sale if interested ??
PM if you want it
Cheers

PM sent :)

GTi Si said:
Cheers - do I definitely need a specific double DIN climate controls?

S
No mate you dont need the specific climate controls. I fitted mine about 5 weeks ago and trimmed the climate to fit. I do still need to trim a few mm for it to be perfect but others dont notice.

Just take your time doing it and trim a little at a time until it fits and you should be alright. There is nothing difficult about it but I would always prefer to trim/file it 5 or 6 times to get it right rather than once and take to much off it.

The console does need to be trimmed slightly when changing to a double din frame but this is very easy and these instructions are great.

http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/A4/Installing%20Sat%20Nav%20in%20A4.pdf