Buying from an audi dealer... Questions

jwhat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys

I've been looking on this site for a while now and i think that i have now found a car that i want... A 2004 A4 1.9TDI Sport in Dolphin Gray with a black leather interior. Ok to get to the point, i live over the water in Ireland and this car is in Wolverhamption Audi, do i need to get a HPI check and/or an RAC inspection? It is an approved Audi so are these things already done? or needed at all? :think: Any help would be appreciated
the site rocks by the way :arco:

Thanks

If its a main dealer, then its already done.

(and if it isn't, you have somewhere to go and kick some ****...)

As far as warranty goes, the Audi approved scheme is quite strict and is like buying the car new but only comes with a one year warranty unless there is warranty left from new.
Already had a couple of silly things done on my 53 cabriolet by the Audi dealer under the warranty with NO problems at all.

Thats ultimately why you pay a little more from an Audi dealer rather than a used car dealer.

Andy

Thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate the quick responce and it's put my mind at ease for paying a little more to buy from audi.

hi, i just had my a4 serviced and was enquirering about a 2006 a4 tdi auto avant s-line they had, i was a demo car, with 2000miles on it, for £21000, guess what... later that day browsing ebay saw the same car at the same dealers for £18500????? hummm make you think???? my advise do you some checks if you not buying a brand new car, even a exdemo!

terrysingh said:
hi, i just had my a4 serviced and was enquirering about a 2006 a4 tdi auto avant s-line they had, i was a demo car, with 2000miles on it, for £21000, guess what... later that day browsing ebay saw the same car at the same dealers for £18500????? hummm make you think???? my advise do you some checks if you not buying a brand new car, even a exdemo!

Did you go back and buy it at that price then ? :think: :laugh:

no they said my car would be hard for them to sell due to the mods, and where offering a very low part ex price as they'ed sent it to auction, but the sales guy did offer 0% finance..... i did explain the only non standard parts where the wheels and shocks which only add £30 to my insurance,

decided i'll wait till next year and go for a a6, had one as a loan car during the service, very impressed....