Where to find chassis plate etc on Avant

technics100

Reaction score
I'm just about to buy a 2001 130 sport avant, where is the chassis no. in the engine bay? Also there isn't a sticker in the boot, is it somewhere else on the avant?

cheers

could someone please help me with this, i'm picking the car up tomorrow night and want to check this first....

Chasis number Is that the number thats under your passenger side window wiper? I am sure it is I needed mine when I bought the avant for work the vehicle hpi check requiered the chasis number. Hope thats some help to you.

yes that where it is, im sure i pointed that out to you A4_TC a few months back!!

Hi technics, there is a chassis no in the windscreen, however this one is the least reliable of the three but it is still good to check, there are 2 more in the engine bay,as you stand ay the front of the car look at the suspension turret by he airbox, theres an ally plate on there, but the best one is the main one which is actually stamped on the chassis, this is located on your bulkhead at the very top where the rubber seal sits to seal the engine bay off to the area where your battery and wiper motor live, its virtually in the middle. You may need to look a little harder as it is stamped into painted metal so there is no actual plate, this is the most reliable source, but you need to check none of the other areas have been tampered with. Also on some of the later audis the sticker in the boot got moved to under the back seats. When i bought my avant a month ago or so i phoned my audi dealer ship and they were happy to help, i checked audis records against the v5 and hpi, the narrows down the likelihood of you buyng a clone as its a 3rd 'big check', so just check everything tallys with them, they also confirmed that the service history was genuine too. Hope this helps a bit.:idea: