Diagnostic??Diverter Valve

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Just a general question, If your diverter valve is Faulty or going faulty, does it activate the engine light or show up on a diagnostic check???:think:

Obviously it wouldnt feel right when driving but Im not sure whether mine has decided to go or could be something else..

Something just doesnt feel right when im driving in gear from 1500 - 2000 revs!!hmmm.....

:wtf: sounds to me that your car and my car shud be mates ive the same problem ha ha

So it was yours I read!!! Nightmare aint it, one thing after another...

It doesnt do it all the time though but you just know it when your car feels different.:think:

Hi Mate, on my last car VW MK4 GTI 20vT the diverter valve went.
The diaphram split and this caused the car to not hold boost from the turbo. It also made a faint fluttering sound obviously from the split diaphram. when removed I opened the plastic housing and there was a tiny tear on the diaphram.

I upgraded / change mine to a Forge 007p (i think this is the part code) and it made a difference. Especially as it was chipped too.

GFORCE said:
Hi Mate, on my last car VW MK4 GTI 20vT the diverter valve went.
The diaphram split and this caused the car to not hold boost from the turbo. It also made a faint fluttering sound obviously from the split diaphram. when removed I opened the plastic housing and there was a tiny tear on the diaphram.

I upgraded / change mine to a Forge 007p (i think this is the part code) and it made a difference. Especially as it was chipped too.

Yeah Im in the process (aswell of a 100 more) in getting one, Been looking on fleebay, Looks like Goodies is best option as I dont mind paying the extra £20 to pick one up tomorrow instead of waiting. I was going to get one anyway, Just gotta get one sooner than I thought.:3sadwalk: