Help Need with seats and broken armrest

GFORCE

Bring On The Sunshine
Reaction score
Hey Peeps,

does anyone know how to remove this plastic cover (2ns pic)on the side of the seat as I have recently noticed a awful squeek when I push back in the seat. Also the electric lumbar support has broken when I try to push the forward and backwards button. Up and down works though.

Secondly, The clip as pictured above broke on my armrest, do I have to replace the whole unit ?

I had the same problem with arm rest. You have to buy the top section, easy to take off by flexing the hinge section. Was not that expensive I seem to remember.

Yep you need to replace the lid, they cost £31 if I remember rightly. They are easy to replace though

To remove the side panel you first need to remove the backrest adjuster which seems a bit fiddly;

– Turn backrest adjuster -1- until adjuster detent is visible from rear in direction of arrow -A- (torch may be required).
– Hook in assembly tool -3399--2- and lever in direction of arrow -B-.
– Give backrest adjuster a further 120° turn.
– Hook in assembly tool -3399--2- and lever in direction of arrow -B-.
– Detach backrest adjuster.

Install in reverse order of removal. Pay attention to the following:– Replace backrest adjuster if it is too loose following assembly.

After that there are 2 screws/clips below it and then the rest of the side panel clips off.

thanks MJCAUDI and Les51, I was hoping this was the case. Cheers.

Thanks Sinny71, very useful as I had no idea how to get the backrest adjuster off. Right now I need to find the tool to do the job !!??

So glad I found this forurm:applaus:

Another casualty, managed to break mine within days of owning the car. wife assumed it was like the a6 one, tried to press it hard and kerSnap... one grumpy husband...

.. Sinny71, any chance of uploading the picture again for me?