2.4 V6 verses 1.8T

Greytop

Reaction score
Planning order an A4 saloon with GmbH sport pack soon (either the 2.4 or the 1.8T).
Just wondering what people who have driven the 2.4 V6 think of it, in isolation or in comparison to the 1.8T. We're quite familar with VAG's 1.8T, I currently run a VW Passat Sport 1.8T and my wife has a Seat Leon Cupra 1.8T (same state of tune as the A4 1.8T). We were thinking that the 2.4 V6 would be something different, smoother but not quite as powerful.

Any comments / thoughts.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2.4 smooth, elastic, refined and comfortable but not sporty or particularly tuneable. You'll be aware of the drone of the 1.8T which is forgiveable if tuned, but if you want the car for luxury / comfort, the 2.4 is prolly a better bet.

However, don't take my word, book a test drive and see for yourself!

You won't be dissapointed!! got mine 3 weeks ago, looks superb, well screwed together, I'm just beginning to explore the performance and so far only good things to say.Very flat cornering and a smooth power delivery.

I sure you're right, I took a well spec'd 1.8T GmbH Sport out for a longer drive before we placed the order, the car felt taught, plenty of low to mid range urge, excellent interior, excellent build, it just felt so right. We've gone for Mauritius blue, black interior, drivers info, rear electric windows, aluminium trim inside and out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good choice. I suppose you'll be looking for a chip next /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gammba,

Booked in for REVO 5 hour trial on weekend as per your advice. They told me 195BHP and 225 Nm available at 499 plus vat and £149 for switch.

I will report back.

Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif