Look what I've just bought...

golf

***** rent boy
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
jxl.co.uk
After much thought and sleepless nights (I'm not joking :wacko:) I managed to decide on a set of alloys for my A4. At the moment I've got the standard 16" jobbies, which pleasant as they are, are not exactly nice to look at.

I was racking my brains on whether to get 18" or 19". I finally decided on a set of 19" BBS split rim beauties off of the new A6 S line. I was tempted to go along the tried and tested route of replicas but in the end I wanted something different.

These are modelled on the A6 Avant:
c456449a.jpg

c456451a.jpg

5315_1.JPG

4ecc_1.JPG

I can't wait to get these fitted to my car, but the only problem is that I have to drive up to Newcastle (350 miles away) to get them!

I was inspired by GtiGlasgow's SSW Mesh, which I'm sure everyone will agree look stunning, and also rather unique.

Very nice, look like they could do with a re-furb though......?

BUB

Yeah, the guy I bought them off said they would need a refurb, but I'm not complaining I paid a paltry £550 for the entire set!

I'm not entirely sure how they will look fitted, the car might look too high, and I can't afford coilovers right now. I do have the Sport suspension though so it might look bearable.

Has anyone here fitted wheels with offset of et45? I think the OEM wheels are et45 but all the reps are et35.

Lovely mate, I really like these wheels. Absolute bargain price as well - seen mint set of 4 with tyres go for around £1600!!

Scott

Looks like you may have a bargin their mate, let us have some pics

Well done on new alloys, got yourself a bargain - genuine bbs alloys for £550!!! should look smart on any audi. Looking forward to pics when wheels are on...

don't forget to post up some pics

I will definitely be posting pics as soon as the wheels are on. I still can't believe my luck; a set of genuine BBS alloys with tyres for £550! It seems too good to be true. Mind you, I got my 2001 Y reg 1.8T Sport denim blue with sat nav/CD changer/Full DIS etc with 90k on the clock for £5000 on the dot, I seem to have a knack for finding bargains!

I saw a 56 plate A6 with these alloys the other day, I have to say it looked pretty damn good, you don't see too many cars with these alloys.

Anyone have any idea how much to refurb? I've been quoted £40 a wheel. Seem reasonable?

£40 for a normal single pice alloy isn't far off the mark, but with BBS split rims, you be paying probably double that.
I had some on a Bora V5 a few years back.

As they are split rims, they have to take the wheel apart and do the pieces separately.

At least that's what I was told !!

That's why I'll probably never have split rims again... Cheaper to buy brand new reps with tyres, than get the BBS rims refurbed.

stoakseya4 said:
£40 for a normal single pice alloy isn't far off the mark, but with BBS split rims, you be paying probably double that.
I had some on a Bora V5 a few years back.

As they are split rims, they have to take the wheel apart and do the pieces separately.

At least that's what I was told !!

That's why I'll probably never have split rims again... Cheaper to buy brand new reps with tyres, than get the BBS rims refurbed.

If that's the case I think I'll have to leave the wheels as they are for the time being, my wallet is looking very anorexic at the moment.

I should be getting the wheels within the next week, so watch this space for pics!

Well the wheels are on, and here are the pics:

bbs_19_1.jpg

bbs_19_2.jpg

bbs_19_3.jpg

bbs_19_4.jpg

bbs_19_5.jpg

bbs_19_6.jpg

Very pleased with how they look, have transformed the car. Comments welcome.

I agree they have transformed the car - well done. By the way how much did they cost to get them refurbed as being split rims we were worried you were going to have to fork out loads..

:applaus: looking good there. Very OEM but yet look great
Good work.

pav-g said:
I agree they have transformed the car - well done. By the way how much did they cost to get them refurbed as being split rims we were worried you were going to have to fork out loads..

They haven't been refurbed yet! :rockwoot:

They still look in pretty good nick so I'm going to have them refurbed in the summer.

I like them, they look really good. i was a bit worried when you said 19's not sure if they look too big sometimes, so yea they look good.

Looking good, suits the car well, on your first picture at the top is the rim protector damaged on the tyre? Looks that way on the photos if so would defo get tyre replaced as may have other hidden damage and not worth the risk.

The man speaks sense. Use it as the spare if needs be.

Loving the side on photo. :icon_thumright:

a4sline190 said:
Looking good, suits the car well, on your first picture at the top is the rim protector damaged on the tyre? Looks that way on the photos if so would defo get tyre replaced as may have other hidden damage and not worth the risk.

Yep, the rim protector is damaged, god know's who was driving when it happened. I've ordered a new tyre to replace the damaged one.

Lovely wheels, cracking price, nice one matey :icon_thumright: