Clayed the car

gtiglasgow

Reaction score
Thought I ought to get my butt into gear and get a head start on the cleaning of my car in preparation for the Ultimate Dubs show in March. Big thanks to Kenny Spence for spending several hours helping me wash, clay, clean, polish, seal and wax the bodywork. Amazing the difference it makes to the paintwork (thanks also to Colin Barron for the use of the garage and supply of tea!!).

Few wee pics of the car afterwards:

401063880_79d7aadbf81.jpg

401063956_c63a423e541.jpg

401064039_f6e053ef191.jpg

401064238_a865326ebd1.jpg

401064312_23d8f124411.jpg

401064376_928f1bc7d41.jpg

401064440_8d88599e151.jpg

401064564_742dc2abb61.jpg

401064672_781140b9701.jpg

401064791_a1d3a825081.jpg

Scott

Randomjim said:
Looking goooood!!! Are you on airbags?

thanks for the comments , yes she is very low , abit of a pain in the *** when trying to clean around the arches :mad:

Cheers Kenny

Glasgow, that is one lovely looking Avant you've got there. Loving the alloys. What colour temperature xenons have you got? They look very white, around 4300k by the looks of it.

Hi before we start your motor is spot on, is that grill a standard one just painted black,? Also how much has it been lowered and did you need arch mods, what wheels are they?

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

In answer to the questions:

- The grille is a genuine Audi S4 part. It is not painted. The centre is metalic grey and the surround in matt black. You can pick these up from VagParts or a main Audi dealership.
- The xenons are 6000K. They actually look more blueish in reality.
- The wheels are 8.5"x19" SSW Mesh.
- I am not sure how much the car is lowered by, but it is lots!!!
- The inner rear arches were modified to allow the car to sit so low.

Cheers

Scott

looks sweet mate, will have to get over southside to check out the xenons soon

The car looks spot on if a bit toooooooooo low IMO.

401064440_8d88599e151.jpg

What coilovers are you using?

BUB

Looks really sweet Scott. You must have been lucky and managed to get it done in between the showers today! :icon_thumright:

what a cracking looking car,
Have any issues if you use the boot?
Did you fit the xenons yourself, or where they factory??

Randomjim said:
Too low? Is that possible? :lmfao:

Yes I'm afraid it is.

This is more like it...........
fgcookout117rm1.jpg

IMG_0343.JPG

Low but not "I'm five up with luggage and on the bumpstops low".

BUB :beerchug:

bubstar said:
Yes I'm afraid it is.

This is more like it...........
fgcookout117rm1.jpg

IMG_0343.JPG

Low but not "I'm five up with luggage and on the bumpstops low".

BUB :beerchug:

These do sit very nicely but there's proberably more chance of there being arch issues on them as the wheels stick out further.

Either way if you're not rubbing you're not dubbing :happy:

Yeah maybe. I know the Avant is running 'staggered' tyres. But I just don't like the wheels up inside the arches. Just looks wrong IMO.

BUB

I love how that blue b6 sits but it's so hard to get it like that. Perfecting the ride height and the width and offset of the wheels etc etc.

Well i want to go low, but not sure how much i can as the new body kit is 2 inches lower that old body work...what you recon, just a 30mm drop or coilovers and go all the way!!

CIMG0833.jpg

I would go for the coilovers mate. That way, you can play about with the ride height and find the look that you like best. Springs may be ok, but if they don't look low enough for you there isn't much you can do - other than take them off and buy coilovers - LOL!!!

Cheers

Scott

Scott, im in the same predicament, dont know weather just to get springs and shockers or go for the coilover route, do you find the ride hard with coilovers?

The ride is firm, but not as bad as you would imagine. A few of my mates have actually commented that the car is a lot more comfortable than they would have thought (baring in mind that the car sits on 19" rims and is very low!!). It's obviously not as comfortable as the standard suspension, but not overly harsh - I would definately recommend coilovers.

Scott

With the roads around here there is no way I could go low with my kit, It only just misses some kerbs as it is.
but looking at mine I think there is no need for me to lower her.

Would look nice though.

gtiglasgow said:
The ride is firm, but not as bad as you would imagine. A few of my mates have actually commented that the car is a lot more comfortable than they would have thought (baring in mind that the car sits on 19" rims and is very low!!). It's obviously not as comfortable as the standard suspension, but not overly harsh - I would definately recommend coilovers.

Scott

Thanks Scott, coilover it is then