supple but sporty ride-which A4

cornet

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
1st post so bear with me:) have a 98 tdi avant, i'm would like the later shape but would like it to feel sporty but still feel supple, wondered if the quattro is sportier feeling than a sport and is it reliable, oh and no i don't want a 3 series.
Thanks in advance Cornet.

Welcome to the forum. But if you want sporty and supple, don't buy an A4, any A4.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved every A4 I've owned, but supple they ain't!

Thanks for the reply, but its not what i wanted to hear, there must be
something suitable in the range, i love the look of the A4 avant but want a sporty ride and some compliance.
Any after market spring/damper that could be recommended?
cheers.

ive got h&r springs on mine which drops it 35mm. provided by damian of DPM no less

The "Sport" package on the quattro (I have an A4 Avant quattro sport) is to my mind a decent compromise of smooth and firm. It's not Lotus Elise-like in its agility but you'll never escape the laws of physics! There are of course myriad 3rd party suppliers of springs/ shocks if you want to tweak the ride and handling - such as H&R springs and Koni shocks. A tried and tested way of removing a bit of understeer is to whack the S4 rear antiroll bar on the back (or you can also try the thicker RS4 RARB).

Thats really useful Dan thanks, do you know if there is any adjustment to the geometry to give a more feelsome ride.

Don't think so, only in so far as if you get lowering springs you'll be stiffer, and with a slightly lower centre of gravity. I don't know the specifics of whether there are aftermarket adjustable dampers for the A4?

Just buy an Avant what you want and simply add the Springs n ShockS!!!:aggressive: :yes:

i bought sport 2 weeks ago. fantastic ride, control and road contact and handling.... another fab advantage is that i have just put 18" RS4 alloys on and reckon i can get away without spending on springs and shocks as it is lower than se....

sports seats, lower gearstick and suspension make the ride brilll........i too came from a b5 2.4 v6 and loved it but this is something else....... colourcoding also the way forward....