Another DIS Warning symbol - help

pav-g

Reaction score
Hi Guys on way to work this morning the DIS bleeped and a symbol came on - yellow round circle with a semi circle on each side and then when I put foot on gas another symbol came on which said MPG in a circle with a number 1 on left - any suggestions as I have not got my manual with me.

By the sonds of it you have set your speed warning limit. Were you pressing any buttons whilst driving just before it happend by any chance?

If it is that I think you have to hold the check button whilst driving to reset it (I think, dont have my manual here too).

Thanks for that any clues on the other symbol - yellow round circle with a semi circle on each side - rang dealers and will be taking it up there at 1, but if I dont need to I'll cancel

Doing school run in morning my hands are usually everywhere, I do recall pressing the check button to see why the yellow circle came on and might have triggered what your saying

Hi Pav, not sure what the other symbol is I reckon its also to do with the speed setting. I did the same thing when I first got my A4 and Im sure I got two symbols too.

Try resetting it and see if it does it again. I think to reset it you need to drive and hold down the check button, when its reset I think you should see the same symbol with a line through it.

Pete. :)

Did the warning look like this Pav? If so I think it should have reset itself after you turned the car off.

tripspw1.jpg

If it was this this one with the 2 on it, it needs to be reset manual.

tripspw2.jpg

Then again it may have been neither of them :)

Yep thats the one, I'll do what you say in a bit, sneak out of work and see if it works - hope it does. the other symbol looks like this (O) in yellow

If its got the 1 on it Pav it should have reset itself when you turned the ignition off. If it has the 2 on it its the permanent one and needs reset manualy.

pav-g said:
Thanks for that any clues on the other symbol - yellow round circle with a semi circle on each side - rang dealers and will be taking it up there at 1, but if I dont need to I'll cancel

the circle with semi-circles on the outside is brake warning light, you are either low on brake fluid or your front pads are due to be replace

Thanks guys I'll pop the bonnet in a bit and check the brake fluid etc, yeah the othe mpg sign was the one with the no 1 on not the two. If it hasnt reset when I start car I'll do it manually by holding down the check botton as instructed. Id better cancel apt at the dealers...

Hi Pav - the yellow warning is your front low brake pad sensor as mentioned by 1210tech

When mine came on I did about 1k miles and then had them changed (the inner pads was almost to the metal) so I suggest get them changed within another 1k of driving!

Dealers will want £60 - I bought my genuine pads from Ebay for £30 all in - I'll let you know the seller if you want (he sells them regularly)

Sheraz

Thanks Sheraz, yeah I'd appreciate it. Will the light stay on until I get them changed as that can be annoying, also will I have to replace the break sensors aswell.

pav

Yes - everytime you start your car the sensor warning will bleep up and stay on (it is annoying at first but you soon get used to it :wacko: )

The sensor relay are on the pads so you don't need to replace them - when you get them changed; the DIS sign will go off! :icon_thumright: