2002 A4 2.0 advice

chris_ge0

Reaction score
just need some advice!!!
looking to buy an A4.....how would u mates compare the 2.0 to the 1.8t????

If you're looking to mod the 2.0 litre, I really wouldn't bother. Significant power gains cannot be had from just a remap, you'd have to spend £1000's before anything worthwhile can be done.

Nothing beats the 1.8T engines for tuning, a remap can give between 30-45 % increase in bhp and major improvements in torque and driveability.

However not everyone gets a car for power, so if you're looking for a good motorway cruiser the 2.0 is a competent car and it offers pretty good economy. Look around for a good deal as there are plenty of 2.0's about and some of them have good specs, compared to the 1.8T which most often have no extra equipment.

It's all down to personal choice in the end really. :detective2:

golf said:
If you're looking to mod the 2.0 litre, I really wouldn't bother. Significant power gains cannot be had from just a remap, you'd have to spend £1000's before anything worthwhile can be done.

Nothing beats the 1.8T engines for tuning, a remap can give between 30-45 % increase in bhp and major improvements in torque and driveability.

However not everyone gets a car for power, so if you're looking for a good motorway cruiser the 2.0 is a competent car and it offers pretty good economy. Look around for a good deal as there are plenty of 2.0's about and some of them have good specs, compared to the 1.8T which most often have no extra equipment.

It's all down to personal choice in the end really. :detective2:

I would agree with Golf there. I have both.