Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

S Line Avant Towbar

I bought some reversing sensors off ebay that I'm going to fit myself. As I also want a removable towbar (for towing a car, not a caravan!!) I thought I could fit that at the same time, as the bumper will be off.

I've been looking on the internet and a lot of places specify that they can't be fitted to S4s or S Lines. Can anyone suggest a detachable towbar that will fit an S Line, including model/part no? Also, are the electrics included with the kits and are they easy to fit?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Always go genuine on towbars as they fit perfect and are detachable. Fitted genuine bars on all my avants and never had a problem. As the electrics are can controlled, I would also go genuine as the problems that a relay pack might cause are never ending. To do the job properly it takes about a day on yer drive and all of the the coding up with the laptop for the warning lights etc etc.
    Go genuine, you won't regret it !!!
    It's in the DNA

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks, any ideas how much does a genuine one costs?

4th Gear

Status
    Ive been looking at this for a while as im in no rush at moment as my kit car is off the road. im also keeping my audi reverse sensors till a source a toebar, let me know how you get on

kris
    2010 A4 Avant B8 S-Line Executive 143ps 2.0 Tdi Ice Silver

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130