Some pics of my S4 avant....

gizze

Reaction score
Had my camera, the car was clean and a nice background, so thought I better take a couple of pics....

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Only one thing to say.......superb!!

Best colour for the S4 IMO.
Nice house too :s4addict: jk.

Very nice Gizze. Am starting to wish I'd gone for the Red one also. Don't get me wrong I do love the Moro blue, but think the red's lovely...

How long have you had it? Have you made any mods to it, or is it standard? You do many miles in it?

I seem to be spending most of my life in the petrol stations around Kent! Managing c240 miles to the tank, with some varying use of the right foot. Been as low as 190 and as high as 280 to the tank full...

Only had it for 3 weeks, swapped the M3 CSL for it as I needed something more practical.
I have put the RS4 anti roll bar on, well worth doing for £70! gets rid of the understeer nicely.
I have also retrofitted the RNS-E Nav+ and got the 2007 TMC upgrade done.
And fitted the Centre armrest too, need my armrest!! ;)

Got as Milltek exhaust on order and will get it remapped then as well, cat back resonated, but going to order one side non resonated if it hasn't got that bite, but I will get the resonated on first and see.

I do 30-40k miles a year, this car is a Jan 2005 with £17k miles on it, well it is nearer 20k miles now, I will either run it for 6 months and sell it with 35k miles on it, or I will keep it for 3 or 4 years and swap the 120d for something more fun.
I get between 180-260 miles a tank, DIS is showing 18.2mpg at the moment. £310 in fuel last week so not the best for economy!!

Fantastic pictures there gizze!
I looked for a red Avant too, but ended up with Moro blue because none came up!
£310 in fuel, jesus thats high

That was not a normal week, I am in my buying season for the shop so I am all over the place at the moment, I have 12 weeks this time of year and 12 weeks at the end of August, in that time I do silly mileage.
That is why I tend to swap my cars every 6 months, wors out cheaper to sell them on after 6 months between buying seasons than to run them for a whole year and put another 40k miles on them, easy to sell a car with 35k miles on it, but selling a car with 55K miles on it starts to get far trickier.

I have just seen these pics on a PC for the first time, as I use a Mac at home, and they look terrible.
I need to resize them again to get rid of the jagged edges.

Nice. I have the arm rest, and hate driving without one. See my previous note about a remap with Weltmeister, £425 fitted. They also do the Miltek system so a tidy discount could be yours.

Shame you have to sell on after only 6 months. What will you be looking for as a replacement? You might find yourself a buyer for the Avant on here! Especially with those mods added.

Let me know how you get on with the remap and zorst change...

I don't know what I would get next to be honest, probably a 335d m-sport touring, had the 535d remapped by DMS and that was sublime, I also have a 120d that I adore so would be sensible to swap the S4 and the 120d for a 335d and get something fun for Fiona.

She wants a Z4, she is not a fan of the Audis, she loves the look but finds them boring to drive, whcih is fair enough, I guess I sort of let them off their downfalls cause I like the design and build so much, where as she likes the drive first, if it doesn't drive right she doesn't like it, no matter how good it looks.

My mate has the 320d m sport touring and isn't keen after coming from a 1.9tdi sport. He's gonna come back to Audi.
Another mate has the 535d M Sport Touring and admits it's much nicer than his previous 996 C2.

Might have to have a think about that diesel next time myself. Hopefully prices will start dropping sometime soon and I can think about a swap. Have to look into the Audi 3.0tdi first though, as that 'should' be a cracker, although I don't know anyone who's been in one yet, so not sure how they drive... Also am quite keen on an Exige for weekends...

Yeah fair enough, you like what you like!

I hated the 3.0tdi, seriously slow coming from the 535d. :(

It is over 5 seconds slower to 100mph than the 535d and the 335d is over half a second quicker again.
You have to get rid of the run flats on the new BMWs or they are awful, but once you do they are in a different league to everything else to be honest.

You'll miss the quattro though, and I know BMW's are nice cars but inside I think Audi's are of a higher quality finish...IMHO...

Gizze

"I have put the RS4 anti roll bar on, well worth doing for £70! gets rid of the understeer nicely.
I have also retrofitted the RNS-E Nav+ and got the 2007 TMC upgrade done.
"

Does the RS4 roll bar really make that much difference?
If so, for £70 sounds well worth it!

As for the RNS-E Nav+ retro-fit was it a 'DIY' or S8craig's handywork?

Oh and the pix look ok to me! - nice to see more S4 avants about!!
I'll try and get some pix of mine on when its clean!

Cheers
Keef

Yeah the ARB does make a difference, really dials out that understeer and keeps tyhe car a lot flatter in corners.

I put the RNS-E in myself, I swap cars so often I can do it in 10 minutes now! :)

RNS-E in 10 mins! is it just an exhange for the RNS-D unit then?
Might try it myself!
Where did you get the HU form (flea-bay?)

Get those pics posted ! Dont see many Avus S4's...

Had a moment this morning going round a roundabout pulling away hard from a set of traffic lights in Kings Hill. The car behind must have had kittens watching me go sideways !

Had a mild OH MY GOD moment but caught it in time before the fast approaching hedge! Made me smile afterwards though as I put me foot down...

Will get some pix the weekend when its clean!
Don't think i've seen another S4 Avant in Avus!
Took me along time to find this one!

Gota be honest havent had too many O.M.G moments, well not ones that were'nt planned! May be i should try harder!
Did you have the traction turn off?

Have you had any mods done yet?

Think i'll be going to APS but want to get an insurance quote first!

Eventually got round to getting the car cleaned for some pics!
Unfortunately it was for the wrong reasons!
Took a trip to the new Birmingham Audi stealership on the Straford road to get some idea of a trade-in value
Should’ve known better, what a joke!
Mine to new stealership makes quite a nice backdrop for the pics!

Been looking at getting a A4 2.0 TDI S line Special Edition, but don't thnik i can face getting rid of the S4!
Trade-in offer was crap, but i knew it would be!
However they did say that on the TDI they would match the 'drive the deal' price!

Anyway pics below:-
(p.s. the sportec's are still in refurb!)

CIMG0017.jpg

CIMG0007.jpg

I was offered £23k on mine and that is a 2005 with only 19k miles and a great spec. so I can imagine what the sort of offer yoru 53 plate got, annoying thing is you know they will have it back up for £25k within a week !!

Don't chop it in mate, you will loose on the S4, and the new A4 is out before the end of the year, so any money you save yourself on fuel will be wiped out with depreciation, I would hold out a few months and get one of the first B8's.

Nice Keef

Have any pics been posted of the B8, presumably it'll be the same as the B7 as they haven't been out for that long?

Only the coupe, A5 and S5, the saloon is end of the year shortly followed by the avant.