AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Unhappy Kerbed my front alloy tonight- what to do?

Hi, I've been really careful with my A4 TDI Quattro and the standard 17" five spoke star alloys but tonight on a dark country road near Edinbrgh (didn't know the raod well) I clipped my drivers side wheel on the right hand side kerb, DOH!
    Anyway it's caused a bit of damage on the edges of the alloy and a couple of marks on the frot of the rim.
    What the better bet, get a new rim or can they be repaired?
    Any idea of costs for either?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Repair will be fine - Seach google for alloy wheel referbishment in your area. www.wickedwheels.co.uk are also an option if they have a guy in your location, but I cant comment on their work as I've never used them... Good luck bud.
    Phanton Black A4 2.0 TDI Multi, B&O, AMI, NAV, 19" wheels

4th Gear

Status
    That is so annoying when that happens, really feel for you. I agree if you have the time and a steady hand you can tackle the repair as per the thread above or you can look on ebay as they are very common and theres always a single one going. Whatever you decide good luck.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Block 405
    Hi, I've been really careful with my A4 TDI Quattro and the standard 17" five spoke star alloys but tonight on a dark country road near Edinbrgh (didn't know the raod well) I clipped my drivers side wheel on the right hand side kerb, DOH!
    Anyway it's caused a bit of damage on the edges of the alloy and a couple of marks on the frot of the rim.
    What the better bet, get a new rim or can they be repaired?
    Any idea of costs for either?
    Think youd be better learning to stay on the proper side of the road 1st!
    2004 Black S4 Avant.
    RNS-E, Glovebox Changer, Bose, Cruise Control, Black Leather Interior, Heated Front Seats, Sony Bluetooth Handsfree, Rear Parking Sensors, Blinds, Lighting and Storage Pack.
    Slim-line DVD player to be fitted soon!

Neutral

Status
    I know..... I was swinging wide to cut the corner on a very narrow road!

Doh!

Rolling Thunder...

Status
    Give Dav @ PureKlas a shout. He's the man when it comes to refurbing wheels. He big on the dub scene + with the edition 38 boys.

More info on their website: http://www.pureklas.co.uk/
    ---------
    Pimpster

6th Gear

Status
    Is your car still under warranty? if it is have a very close look at them to see if there is the slightest bubble of rust under paint.My wife kindly kerbed two of my 17ins star alloys about 12 months ago and as look would have it, both of the wheels had slight bubbles under paint.I was going to mention it to my dealer when car was due for service.But before service. I got a call from my dealer to check clutch as audi had a recall anyway clutch fine.But did you know sir there is rust bubbles ontwo of your wheels and we have ordered replacements.One week later 2 new wheels fitted by dealer.

4th Gear

Status
    Theres a single alloy on ebay - no tyre. Item no is 180085281993, see if you can do a deal... good luck

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbikez
    Is your car still under warranty? if it is have a very close look at them to see if there is the slightest bubble of rust under paint.My wife kindly kerbed two of my 17ins star alloys about 12 months ago and as look would have it, both of the wheels had slight bubbles under paint.I was going to mention it to my dealer when car was due for service.But before service. I got a call from my dealer to check clutch as audi had a recall anyway clutch fine.But did you know sir there is rust bubbles ontwo of your wheels and we have ordered replacements.One week later 2 new wheels fitted by dealer.
    Result !!
    B8 Avant S-Line,
    Lava with 19's and a few toys.

Gone: 2004 A4 1.9TDi Avant, 2003 Golf PD150 GTi, 2002 Golf PD150 GTi, 1999 A3 1.8T, 1983 MK1 Golf GX

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbikez
    Yes it's still under warranty but I checked and there's on other sign of bubbling or wear and tear to the rim. I also noticed I'd quite badly hit the rear rim too. Even more expensive news was the back tyres need replacing soon! I'm getting the 2 alloys refurbed at 43 each and will be looking at about 90 a tyre too..... ouch!

Will let you know how it all goes

6th Gear

Status
    Just not your day mate but could have been worse at least £43 per wheel doesn't sound to bad.

Neutral

Status
    Well got my alloys back and new tyres (dunlop sp3000 on the back)
    The finish on the rims is not an exact match to the audi alloy finish which is disappointing. At least the re furbs are front and back drivers side so they match when looking side on . My car is gun metal grey. The refurbed wheels are a bit darker more grey than the audi 5 spokes... oh well will probably end up kerbing the offsides and have to have them re done at some point to!