mirrors, chrome or matt finish? Any photo's

1210tech

Four Ring Fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.sportscarprotection.com
Hi peeps, i have been toying with the idea of replacing my standard mirror covers with the silver S4 ones, BUT i can't make my mind up whether to get chrome or matt...

I have seen a blue A4 like mine (jonmusicman) with the chrome mirrors on but i am after some other images, from all angles, of the chrome and the matt finish styles fitted.
Oh, and i have the chrome window trims which would match the chrome style but i think the matt style mirrors are a little less in ya face.

IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/johnlondonw3/CIMG1447-1.jpg[/IMG]
Matt for me !

CIMG1447-1.jpg

This time it should show up !!

It depends on opinion, I prefer the matt finish as theyre more a smoother finish then the chrome, chrome is a bit tacky (my opinion) and llo cheaper. My brother just bought some original mirror casings from dealers in matt finish for his cab as they match the front pillars which are also in that smooth matt finish and they look awesome. Coming back to chrome ones, where I live in Bradford we have loads of black Avensis (audi wannabees) with chrome mirror casings and they have put me off for life - most of them are taxis. Like I said its a matter of opinion. Good luck in deciding..

Matt finish for me not as much in your face and match your alloys better imo
Ian

1210tech said:
are those the matt finish? they look like they are
So much for digital photography !

Yes they are mat,cost £85 via group buy

Did not realise that you could get chrome or matt i just thought it was matt i think looking at the chrome ones they make the car look that bit more posher :greyrs4:

pav-g said:
It depends on opinion, I prefer the matt finish as theyre more a smoother finish then the chrome, chrome is a bit tacky (my opinion) and llo cheaper. My brother just bought some original mirror casings from dealers in matt finish for his cab as they match the front pillars which are also in that smooth matt finish and they look awesome. Coming back to chrome ones, where I live in Bradford we have loads of black Avensis (audi wannabees) with chrome mirror casings and they have put me off for life - most of them are taxis. Like I said its a matter of opinion. Good luck in deciding..

totally agree, my opinion is the chrome ones look cheap

ive got a set of matt ones bought them off ebay they are original audi ones with mirror glass wrongly bought for my 8l s3

Well if 1210tech is not interested I can be - before you know it theres gonna be a queue - me! me! me!

ill put the part numbers on here tomorow someone can check and see what they fit

WHITEY_1 said:
Did not realise that you could get chrome or matt i just thought it was matt i think looking at the chrome ones they make the car look that bit more posher :greyrs4:

Yeah, that's exactly why rover have the chrome ones on their 75!

I'd be after some matt ones too - anyone smell a group buy...?

nivagh said:
I'd be after some matt ones too - anyone smell a group buy...?

i have found a seller on eBay that sells the in-Pro mirros so i will send him a message to find out if he will do a group buy, but put your names down if you are interested to see if we can get the numbers, no point asking him unless we have enough people interested

i'm interested in a set of matt mirrors as long as they will fit my 2002 A4 cab so you can add me to the list 4 a group buy too. keep us posted on what prices you find. thanks

I might be interested too depending on the price.Anyone got a pic of a silver A4 with matt mirrors?

Im gutted you lot are doing a group buy! I ordered a set of matt ones the other day, and are due for delivery tomorrow. I've ordered them off the GoingFast shop on ebay, £108 inc delivery. Nevermind, hope you's sort something out. I will put some pics on when I fit them.:scared2:

gaz j said:
Im gutted you lot are doing a group buy! I ordered a set of matt ones the other day, and are due for delivery tomorrow. I've ordered them off the GoingFast shop on ebay, £108 inc delivery. Nevermind, hope you's sort something out. I will put some pics on when I fit them.:scared2:

sorry dude, i didn't plan it, its just sort of happened, i don't if we can get a discount yet though, just see what the seller says when i ask him and give him the numbers of people interested

You should be able to get them for about £85 as a group buy,Kris on here organised one just before Xmas,that included postage

james0808 said:
I might be interested too depending on the price.Anyone got a pic of a silver A4 with matt mirrors?
I'd get yourself a closer look before buying matt mirrors for a silver A4 mate. I got some for my car but sold them on without fitting them. The colour is so close to the paint no-one would have noticed.

i emailed the seller last night and asked him if he would offer a discount on a group buy and he has come back with a price of £88 all in (inc P&P) for 5 sets, so if we can get more people interested (10 buyers) i reckon we could get him to the £70 region

Ive got my eyes on a set of original brushed aluminium ones on ebay, if they go more than my budget I'll put my name down on list.

pav-g

Sinny71 said:
I'd get yourself a closer look before buying matt mirrors for a silver A4 mate. I got some for my car but sold them on without fitting them. The colour is so close to the paint no-one would have noticed.

******,i think you're right.Better take my name off the list,sorry.:sorry:

heres the part numbers of the mirrors i have for sale they are matt finnish
n/s 8e0 857 507b
o/s 8e0 857 508b

c13ush said:
heres the part numbers of the mirrors i have for sale they are matt finnish
n/s 8e0 857 507b
o/s 8e0 857 508b

How much you looking for?

1210tech

I'd definitely be interested in a set of these mirrors. I bought a set of chrome clip on covers, and it was a big mistake they look so cheap and tacky. Thankfully I only paid £30 for them, so it's not a big deal.

I know a lot of people are interested in these mirrors so if we get more people then we'll be able to get a cheaper price I'm sure. Hope it goes well

proper matt finish shouldnt refect like that.

mine are MATT!!

fc2532af.jpg

f9ec3637.jpg