A4 1.8 Heaters

WHITEY_1

Reaction score
Hi lads, just a quick question got an A4 1.8T on a 52 plate, I got told today that the heater vents are supposed to be lit up in red is this true as mine are just white day and night? Here is a pic.

000_071855.jpg

I'm sure mine light up as well, a 2004 Avant. I'm curious now though???

Dam... Now i got 2 fix it so the other question is HOW? is there a fuse for them or somethink :uhm:

There doesn't appear to be a fuse for them specifically. Are all 4 vents not lit up? It would be strange for all 4 bulbs to go at the same time thats all.

Its maybe worth checking this wasn't a revision on later models or something first. But my car doesn't have the interior light pack so its not going to be that.

Mine definately don't and never have (late 01 B6), so it must be an option or a revision on later models.

I have an 03 plate and mine do light up red. I'm sure I read on another post some time ago that this feature was made standard at around the 03 plate time.

That would explain it then and it'll save Whitey tearng his dash apart. Not sure if it can be retrofitted but I really wouldn't see the point.

Mines an 02 reg with the int Light pack and they do light up so must be a feature of that option.

My 01 and 04 avant had/have lights, but my 04 saloon didn't and when I made inquires about this at the dealers I was told Audi went through a cost saving exercise on some of its models, they dropped the chrome inner ashtrays, fold away cig lighter, and the battery cover that went inside the bonnet, there were others as well but I forgot them, so it might not be just a case of bulbs blow, you might have to fit the holders and wire looms etc.....I know its a nice fixture but I dont think it is worth all the hasle, why not just fit the ambient lights in the upper roof centre console, just as effective and a simple cheap install. Do a search on the forumn for a step bt step fitting instruction. Good Luck.

AndyMac said:
Mine definately don't and never have (late 01 B6), so it must be an option or a revision on later models.

Mines a B6 01 as well, noticed when I had the glove box out the passenger side has the lamp & cable but no feed to it, going to try and connect this weekend, will let you know how hopefully