HELP! Indicators playing silly buggers!

1210tech

Four Ring Fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.sportscarprotection.com
Just noticed the other night that when I indicate to turn right the indicators flash right once then flash left two to three times and then reset and flash right again until i switch them off. It only does it when I first start indicating.

It doesn't do it all the time but when it does I am worried someone is gonna pull out on me because they think I am going to turn left when I am actually turning right! :scared2:

What the hell could it be, is it the relay or is it the stalk mechanism that is knackered?

HI tech I had this problem on my n reg I was told to hit the hazard warning switch quite hard with your finger I tried it and it worked sweet as a nut! Hope this helps!

WHITEY_1 said:
HI tech I had this problem on my n reg I was told to hit the hazard warning switch quite hard with your finger I tried it and it worked sweet as a nut! Hope this helps!

you reckon its a loose connection then? I imagine that push the switch back onto some kind of connection?

I dont know about a loose connection BUT i remember that before it happened i cleaned the car in side and i think where i was cleaning it {the dash} i must of jammed the hazard switch then later i went out in the car and thats when it started playing up i then came back home put a post on the forum then they told me what to do the same as i told you and it worked
Have you gone out and tried it yet?

hi whitey, thanks for givin your comments and I have tried what you said but it hasn't made any difference. I am starting to think more and more that its the stalk thats faulty, I don't think its making the proper contact when I move it up to turn right.

Does anyone know how much a stalk would be to replace and do you just replace the one or does it come as a unit with both stalks?

A good friend of mine is an audi technician and i put your problem too him, he said that the hazard switch is the control ecu for all your indicaters, he says he has to frequently replace these under warranty and is sure this is your problem.

sounds like a promising piece of advice, hope u get it sorted easily mate

46TheDoctor said:
A good friend of mine is an audi technician and i put your problem too him, he said that the hazard switch is the control ecu for all your indicaters, he says he has to frequently replace these under warranty and is sure this is your problem.

thanks for that mate but i think its sorted itself out.
i noticed the other day that while i was turning the steering wheel left to go around an island i pushed the stalk upwards to turn right and there was a louder click than usual as if something snapped back into position and now the problem has stopped happening?!?!?!?!? god knows what it was but the indicators are working as they should be again....****** cars!