Can you change a Concert to RNS-E?

NLM13

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before, but can you retro fit the RNS-E if you only have the single DIN HU? I've got a 2003 Quattro sport avant and fancy the satnav& tv but not sure what needs changing or if it is even possible? Any advice welcome.:think:

Cheers for that. Looks a bit duanting! Think I might leave it to the experts. Does anyone know of any one in the south of England that does these installs?

It does look to be a fair bit of work. But when an RNS-E install could cost over £1000 it makes it look like worth a try.
Adding the TV tuner is a big job too and I was quoted close to another £1000 for that.

simple job ive done it 3 times!!

jut takes a few hours! and wiring is simple. let me know if you need any more advice

Does any reprogramming need to be done, also i'm sure i've read you need to tri bits down to fit, i also fancy doing this but don't want to make a balls of it.

Mine would be going in a cabriolet, is the aerial already i the boot?

HI, GRAIG MAY DO IT FOR YOU, IVE JUST HAD VERY GOOD QUOTE OF £1149, FOR THE SAME CONVERSION AS YOU, AND HE GIVES A 12 MONTH WARANTY, ILL BE USEING HIM AS SOON AS I GET TIME TO ARRANGE IT A LOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO USE HIM.

PAUL.P said:
HI, GRAIG MAY DO IT FOR YOU, IVE JUST HAD VERY GOOD QUOTE OF £1149, FOR THE SAME CONVERSION AS YOU, AND HE GIVES A 12 MONTH WARANTY, ILL BE USEING HIM AS SOON AS I GET TIME TO ARRANGE IT A LOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO USE HIM.

I appreciate the above, but you can pick a used RNSE up for around £400, add another couple of hundred (?) for the other bits & bobs & there's quite a saving if it's not too difficult a job to do yourself?

id do it yourself, it may new vag com if you got bose, phone prep etc but if it come from similar can then thas fine, mine was pre coded for my 19's also!

but if you can put up with the navi getting last for a few mins when you go out of signal then you dont need it coded!

I've just got an RNS-E from fleabay for £390 plus postage and will have to tackle this job myself. Most things I should be able to sort out myself.
One question though, can the current Climate control unit be modified to fit lower down? Or will I need to get hold of one specifically for the double din head units or RNS-E.